Bad Guy The Serpentarium- Lodi, Ca - Page 49 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-23-2020, 10:20 AM   #481
Beyond GenetiX
I know it's leaving soon but had to post my dealings, he wondered why I was protecting myself so. The previous emails were pics and videos of the snakes in question.
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #482
Beyond GenetiX
At no point did I ask for "friends and family", I did ask for "no fees" because he'd already offered 200.00 less. He is correct, he's well known in the industry. I wasn't going to ship first and have him file bankruptcy. I work next to a FedEx hub and all my shipments go there, especially when it's freezing out. He can get lavender false water cobras elsewhere 👌🏻👌🏻.
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2020, 10:27 AM   #483
TheSerpentarium
Thanks for posting this. This shows how willing I was to take all the risk and you not willing to do anything but show me a couple of reviews on this website that you moderate (i.e. have control over posts of). It also shows your malicious intent by trying to highlight something that happened over a decade ago, that which I did nothing wrong. Why not attach this to the positive review we have?

Bottom line, we could've easily had a deal, if you simply provided some type of assurance that I would not be scammed out of thousands of dollars. This is all anyone would expect. You're the one who loos bad here.

Now lets see if you abuse your power on this site and remove my reply.

Old 01-23-2020, 10:50 AM   #484
TheSerpentarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond GenetiX View Post
At no point did I ask for "friends and family",
That's the only way to send payment with "no fees". Unless you meant something else that you did not specify.

Quote:
He is correct, he's well known in the industry. I wasn't going to ship first and have him file bankruptcy.
I own multiple retail stores and various companies. Filing bankruptcy and losing everything over two snakes? This shows your mentality and the level of your intelligence.

Quote:
He can get lavender false water cobras elsewhere 👌🏻👌🏻.
Do you think you're the only person with these snakes?

Again, you are the only one who looks bad here. Anyone can see that I was trying to get simple assurance that I would not be scammed and you were not willing to provide anything but a couple of reviews on a site that you moderate.

And now you post this malicious reply trying to stir things up. This further shows your true character. What a great person you are to deal with.

Old 01-23-2020, 11:09 AM   #485
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSerpentarium View Post
Thanks for posting this. This shows how willing I was to take all the risk and you not willing to do anything but show me a couple of reviews on this website that you moderate (i.e. have control over posts of). It also shows your malicious intent by trying to highlight something that happened over a decade ago, that which I did nothing wrong. Why not attach this to the positive review we have?

Bottom line, we could've easily had a deal, if you simply provided some type of assurance that I would not be scammed out of thousands of dollars. This is all anyone would expect. You're the one who loos bad here.

Now lets see if you abuse your power on this site and remove my reply.
Your understanding of our operational role here is weak if you think that an abuse of power would be so simple. It would come with greater consequences for the person who was entrusted with the task of moderation duties. Betraying the confidence of the boss would be a huge error IMO.

While I understand the desire to protect yourself, the ID request is a bit much because you are not in a trusted role in the context of the situation. Additionally, you have some poor history behind you. Lots of people own and run lots of things and still are willing to screw people over for even minor benefits. Shipping to a FedEx facility, for some people in some situations, can be more convenient and/or safer for the animals. It is invariably safer for animals in shipments coming to me and I select that despite the personal inconveniences of that. It appears that in Jason's case there is security, convenience, and safety as benefits to having it shipped to his requested local facility,

Regarding fees if using PayPal, a little math can allow a person to calculate the fee coverage to within a dollar. One could also simply use another payment method.

Who made first offer of the trade?

Old 01-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #486
TheSerpentarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Your understanding of our operational role here is weak if you think that an abuse of power would be so simple. It would come with greater consequences for the person who was entrusted with the task of moderation duties. Betraying the confidence of the boss would be a huge error IMO.
Great to hear!

Quote:
While I understand the desire to protect yourself, the ID request is a bit much because you are not in a trusted role in the context of the situation. Additionally, you have some poor history behind you. Lots of people own and run lots of things and still are willing to screw people over for even minor benefits. Shipping to a FedEx facility, for some people in some situations, can be more convenient and/or safer for the animals. It is invariably safer for animals in shipments coming to me and I select that despite the personal inconveniences of that. It appears that in Jason's case there is security, convenience, and safety as benefits to having it shipped to his requested local facility,
He would not provide ANY assurance that would protect me other than a couple of reviews here, for which he moderates.

I have an impeccable history. This single, misaligned thread was taken out of proportion 11 years ago and is meaningless. I did nothing wring and lost much more than the other person for what happened. Nothing was intentional and the other party involved even stated there was no issue. He and I still do business to this day.

Quote:
Regarding fees if using PayPal, a little math can allow a person to calculate the fee coverage to within a dollar. One could also simply use another payment method.
There are many "could've" options, but we didn't get that far in the deal. He just lined up the deal so that he would have 100% protection and I would have 0% protection.

Quote:
Who made first offer of the trade?
I believe I did. But don't see how that is relevant.

Old 01-23-2020, 12:47 PM   #487
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSerpentarium View Post
He would not provide ANY assurance that would protect me other than a couple of reviews here, for which he moderates.
I have been a "moderator" here less than six months, which is irrelevant to my trader ratings (which I think I've received only 2 in the 6 months as moderator) or my Boi posts. The fact that I've been here since only 2014 using the same account that I originally created and have the trader rating that I have, should tell you something. I did change my user name (which is completely aloud) because of the reputation I had already built.

After the first time you said you need to know where to come for me, I let it go but the second psssh it's over.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:00 PM   #488
elena
In my opinion, this situation does not warrant a "bad guy" for either party. A trade was discussed, one party wanted more personal information than the other party was willing to provide, so the trade did not happen. Should be a "no harm, no foul" situation. I don't think Mr. Coral was out of line in asking for the information, nor do I think that Mr. Taylor was out of line in declining to provide it.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:03 PM   #489
Phil Bradley
I'm not sure this should be included in the BOI bad guy hall of fame but it does show a certain level of paranoia from Robert that I try and avoid in my own sales and trades. Nobody wants the get ripped off, and a certain level of precaution should be taken, but I'm never sending someone that level of personal information, to me it is a bit more intrusive than I am willing to deal with

Old 01-23-2020, 09:27 PM   #490
TheSerpentarium
Quote:
After the first time you said you need to know where to come for me, I let it go but the second psssh it's over.
I never said that. I said I would be able to find you, if needed. Be sure to quote me properly instead of twisting my words.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!