Bad Guy The Serpentarium- Lodi, Ca - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:58 AM   #51
Kolt4-5
This thread brings up issues which if I was a Mod. I would have a hard time deciding what to do about the dual accounts. Which account too delete if any and the ramifications on the information on this forum. I do think it is important though that Apex brought up the dual accounts as that definitely is information that might effect a potential buyers feelings and their ability to make an informed decision.

How ever I do not understand the OP's issue with TheSerpentarium. The only thing the OP seems to disagree with TheSerpentarium on is what was said. As neither party has any proof and it's usually the accusing parties responsibility to offer proof I'm confused as to what the OP's hope was in posting this thread.

How are we supposed to make a judgment call on an accusation with out the benefit of proof? TheSerpentarium says he stated he would follow one of several recourse's 1 try to give the snake the care that they could, 2 send the snake back to the shipper or 3 as a last resort euthanize the snake. The OP says he only heard TheSerpentarium make 2 suggestions 1 send the snake back to shipper or 2 euthanize the snake. A classic case of he said they said impossible to tell whose telling the truth. Which again in my opinion such responsibility lies with the accuser much like how our law system works. A person is innocent till proven guilty.

The other point both parties disagree on is whether it was stated that the animal would be WC or CB. Again no proof just an accusation how are we supposed to make a judgment based on no information other than both parties words? How do we know whose telling the truth?

The only thing close to a fact I see here are the statements both parties agree on, which is a refund was offered if the animal was returned. As far as I see there's no underhanded tricks or deceit or unprofessional business practices with that. Perhaps one could fault TheSerpentarium with not caring about the animals under his care if we had any proof of that, but there isn't any.

So unless I'm misunderstanding something this thread was not made in the original interest of this forum. Which is as far as I understand it is to report underhanded business tactics that one has endured for the benefit of the community. About the only thing useful that came up in my opinion is the existence of the dual accounts that Apex brought up. So essentially through luck not by design something useful might be gotten out of this thread and it wasn't offered up by the OP.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:24 AM   #52
ronritzer
He changed business names and is still representing himself as the same person, only representing a DIFFERENT COMPANY ENTIRELY, so that makes perfect, logical sense.
What doesnt make sense is special ordering a wild caught animal that is a known species to do very poorly in captivity, fail to do any obvious research on it, see the animal personally and then accept the purchase and leave with the animal.
What makes less sense to me is to return to the retailer who has offered you a full refund and demand to take both the animal and the money. In Christian terms, thats called theft. In Christian terms, you are displaying very poor behavior that is not very christ-like or becoming of a good christian in anyway. SO shame on you for that.

If a dog were sick and werent responding to treatment, they would euthanize it. The same for a cat, a rat a hamster. In fact, the only animals that people find it taboo to humanely euthanize are other people. Its sad, yes, but its also sad that you knowingly or in your ignorant confusion, purchased an animal that simply does not do well in captivity.

I'm a Horned frog enthusiast. Pacman frogs, Fantasy Frogs, Surinam Horned Frogs. Ceratophyrys Cornuta is a very difficult Horned Frog to work with when wild caught. Were to walk in to a dealers store demanding that he order me one stubbornly and refused to let them deter me, then clearly they would assume that I was prepared to handle the difficulties presented by that species.
If I payed for the animal in advance, I would make sure the dealer and I had agreed on some terms but when the animal showed up looking thin, dehydrated and refusing to eat...well, I guess I would have expected that to be a likely scenario. I would either refuse the purchase and take my money back and go home or take the animal and start working on hopefully bringing it around to good health.
If upon getting home I realized that the animal simply was not going to do well and eventually die, I would return the animal and very politely ask for a refund and be damn glad I got one.

Your way of thinking Brandon, seems very very flawed.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:29 AM   #53
DavidBeard
Seems to me, this is just another case of a seller being hounded by an unreasonable, irrationally thinking customer.

Mr. Coral seems to be responding to even the most dogmatic of inquiries/pokes in a respectful & reasonable way. If anything, this thread has showed that the OP is the one to not deal with, and Robert seems to be the one looking good as a result.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:30 AM   #54
ronritzer
Dual accounts, he already stated that one account was for a business that he worked for/represented but did not own. The current account is for a business that he owns. It makes perfect sense. The same problem came up in a previous thread where a business was being represented by a user of a different name, but the ownership of the business had changed hands. He was then accused of using two different names, which seems like a mistake only a calculator could make, whereas it makes sense to a rational, free thinking human.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #55
ronritzer
I apologize for using the word D@#N. It slipped out. not sure if that counts as profanity (it doesnt in England.)

Old 08-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #56
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonadam209 View Post
covered in red bumpy scabs
Quote:
I do have pictures of the snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSerpentarium View Post

When you first came in to pick up the snake for the first time, the very first thing that I said and pointed out to you was the TWO (it was not covered in blisters) small bumps on its back by the tail.
Buyer, you have the pictures, let's see them. I'm reserving my own judgment until I see pictures. One party says 'covered in bumps' the other says 'two'.

Your seller has (courteously) offered a refund. You cannot have both snake and refund.

Quote:
Robert, just give me a 10 minute shopping spree and I will forgive you.
You sound like a gold digger.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #57
KORBIN5895
Quote:
No crap dude, and I chose to LEAVE the store with the snake and seek help for him! That was and is my decision dude! I don't want the refund obviously the snake is doing amazing things at this point from a gracious hand from GBU Enterprises Inc. Need I mention FREE OF CHARGE...See this is how Americans, do things they help one another, not just cut and dry actions to benefit ones self.

Obviously you don't care for the green rat because you are fixated on the return portion of this whole thing, which was only and addition to evidence that he does not give a crap for animals, or any species thereof. The point being made was he screwed up, and he should have helped. Done, end of story.
Quote:
Like I stated earlier, I took the snake to GBU Enterprises in lodi, CA and they are caring for him as we speak. "FREE OF CHARGE" There is a timeline here, and I am sure you can figure out that partif not ill simplify it...no refund, oh k crap what now? hmm??????, thanks GBU!!!!!
Quote:
Beware of this place, bought a Red Tail Green Rat Snake from Robert who owns the "Museum" which was supposed to be "Captive Bred" Instead he is a Wild Caught Snake from Asia. Which means death is likely in his future in captivity. When I got him from The Serpentarium he was covered in red bumpy scabs, Robert said it will go away no big deal. It ended up being a combo of Blisters, parasites, and a upper respiratory infection. I asked Robert to give me a refund to pay for the snakes Vet care, and he said no. Only a refund if I give him the snake to be euthanized, and or sent back the shipper where his fate would be clear, ending in death... No compassion from this guy. I would not be on here right now but having been lied to, not to mention payed more for a Captive Born animal, and last but not least the care of the snake was left up to me whatever finances needed to try and bring him back to a healthy state.....
I am the only one concerned with the op's blatant lie? Earth to Brandon! You claim to want a refund for vet bills then come on here and tell us someone is doing it for free? Me thinks your not too bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSerpentarium View Post
Sociopath - A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

Read all of your posts, then read mine. Who better fits the above description?

Again, I hope the best for your snake.

Robert Coral
The Serpentarium
www.SnakeMuseum.com
Personally I think you are behaving quite nicely , especially for a social-path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
Seems to me, this is just another case of a seller being hounded by an unreasonable, irrationally thinking customer.

Mr. Coral seems to be responding to even the most dogmatic of inquiries/pokes in a respectful & reasonable way. If anything, this thread has showed that the OP is the one to not deal with, and Robert seems to be the one looking good as a result.
Agreed David. The op has said a few different things in his story and proves himself to be a liar.

@op

You are being irrational and foolish. You are contradicting yourself and changing your story. IMHO you are a gold digger and don't care about that snake.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #58
Brandonadam209
You are all right, he did not lie to me and order the wrong thing. I actually did a lot of research, is why i wanted Captive Bred, but he says I did no research so this makes it true. I seriously sought vet care, but ultimately found GBU Enterprises to help, free of charge as kind individuals. And I did not seek money after the fact. But again, I could be lying here and this whole thing is my fault for caring that the snake lived as apposed to dying without a fight. You all are right, I am horrible and The serpenterium did nothing wrong they are great people and I would go back only in my dreams, so I guess there is hope.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #59
Brandonadam209
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
I am the only one concerned with the op's blatant lie? Earth to Brandon! You claim to want a refund for vet bills then come on here and tell us someone is doing it for free? Me thinks your not too bright.

Personally I think you are behaving quite nicely , especially for a social-path.

Agreed David. The op has said a few different things in his story and proves himself to be a liar.

@op

You are being irrational and foolish. You are contradicting yourself and changing your story. IMHO you are a gold digger and don't care about that snake.

All I can say is WOW!! You know there is a lot to this whole story, and not all was said in the beginning like all stories, so excuse me for adding to the story as people needed a better understanding.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #60
Brandonadam209
Also, i think you all are missing the whole TIMELINE. Posting this was not because I still wanted a refund, I was simply stating what had happened that day. And I thought I made myself clear that I moved on and was simply trying to warn others of his wrong doing.

If I was a gold digger that didnt care why would the snake be in care, have a wonderful home, leaving the money behind because principal speaks louder than money in my mind. Not to mention life.???? Yall all are whats wrong with the world

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!