Display - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment

Notices

Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical and practical details of how to take good pictures and videos, as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
Lucille
Display

For those of you who have numerous photos you display, I would like to see pictures or get advice as to how you display them. I have a bunch of photos mostly of family and critters and have just ordered a bunch of 5x7 frames.
I went to look at the Houzz website but do not see a lot of pictures of small photos in identically sized frames. I want my pictures in groups but don't want just straight rows. Ideas?

Old 08-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
JColt
Walmart has a wide assortment of frames in all kinds of configurations.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21281519?w...661310&veh=sem

Don't forget to wear a wacky outfit when you go!

Old 08-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Walmart has a wide assortment of frames in all kinds of configurations.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21281519?w...661310&veh=sem

Don't forget to wear a wacky outfit when you go!
I have already ordered my frames, I was asking for decorating tips.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
JColt
ahh, my bad. I use spaghetti method. Throw them up and what ever sticks, stays. lol

Old 09-18-2013, 04:12 AM   #5
Durante
I cant imagine a single way to hang multiple frames that are the exact same size in a interesting way. Maybe possible to make look unique by making a few B/W, flipping them so some are wide & others are tall, or even maybe spelling out something?

I personally would have to throw a different sized frame in here or there to break it up or paint a few of them to create a design when hanging them up straight. It's supposed to be a heart painted in there.

I know you already said you already ordered frames but maybe use the posted photo below as an idea for some kind of design you could put or paint on the wall where your hanging the pictures.

Another example of a moral with pictures is like a family tree & then you could put the framed pictured on different branches. It's not the same thing but I was at a wedding where they had a huge tree picture that had no leaves & everyone that attend put there finger print somewhere on a branch, at the end of the wedding the thing was covered in prints that looked like leaves. A building-silhouette with the frames as windows might be neat depending on your wall color.

Another idea if your not cool with painting on the wall is maybe hanging little words in between the pictures. I usually see them in kitchens across a little space between the cabinets & ceiling saying things like "EAT PRAY LOVE" or in a kids nursery with the kids name.

I think they make Vinyl stickers you can easily sick on your wall & remove that don't leave marks. Pretty sure I see them on ebay or somewhere & usually you can customize them to say whatever quote you want.

I doubt that helped much but maybe it will spark an idea for you, best of luck!

Old 09-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
all 5x7, are they also all the same color? wall mounted or on shelving?

I'm generally a fan of symmetry so not much help but I have seen some nice ideas before, where frames are hung on top and askew of each other, so it gives it a more 3D type of effect.

I've also seen where photos are wall hung and then empty larger frames in either the same or a contrasting color are placed around some of the photos. Does that make sense? Gives the feel of a variety of sizes. Kind of similar to this:

Lay them out on the floor to figure out the way you want them spaced before hanging to avoid having to patch up a bunch of holes (ahem, yeah I, um, speak from experience). good luck and have fun!

Old 09-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
Lucille
They ended up being spaced equidistant but I gave them variety by using several different color mats. Thanks to all for you suggestions!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!