Bearded Dragon sitting with open mouth - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-13-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
reptilebaby
Bearded Dragon sitting with open mouth

Soo I just got a new beardie, beautiful girl but....seller send her through the post office-no i wasnt happy with that- she arrived very very cold, on the third day. the morning after she arrived I noticed her sitting with her mouth wide open and darkening up when she saw me come closer to her. at first I thought she might be upset since she had just gotten to my house. then i thought it might have been the color i was wearing. now im wondering if the shipping..in my extremely cold weather, has made her sick since she is doing it when im in another room and look in at her.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
LauraB
Hopefully, your dragon is basking when you notice her gaping (sitting with an open mouth). That is perfectly normal behavior and is a means of regulating body temperature as their body temp rises. Make sure you provide a temp gradient in her enclosure so she can also cool down, though. What is the temperature of her basking area?

However, given the stress/cold this animal has been through thanks to an irresponsible seller, there could be health issues at play, as well. Give her privacy and time to settle in and get comfortable, but watch for signs of URI.

Equally important is the identity of the seller of your dragon. Anyone who would ship USPS needs to be called out and seriously avoided, IMO. Third-day delivery of a live animal is completely unacceptable, especially in "extremely cold weather" and in light of your location being "ne".

Who was the seller?

Old 07-01-2015, 02:17 PM   #3
reptilebaby
yes she is always under the heat lamp when she does it. i'm glad its normal, ty

Old 07-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #4
reptilebaby
the temp is about 103 degrees under the light.

bought her from e2exotics

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!