Breeding Room - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #11
mmdragons
Ed,
I really like yours, That intresting how you did the lights
Max

Old 02-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #12
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDen View Post
the nice thing about these they are light and can be moved very easy unlike melamine.
The reason most of us use melamine is it is dense and holds heat better than anything, yes it is heavy and that's the reason we build rolling bases for heavy melamine cages!

Thanks Max.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #13
DiamondDen
Yes that is true but i feal that my new cage's hold heat just as well as melamine cage's as those are what i used before these. but everyone has there own opinion lol. boa masters cages are nice tho.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #14
mmdragons
What are your cages made of Corky?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #15
DiamondDen
2x4's for the fram and quarter inch wood panaling for side's, back, top and door's . my cage's temp during the night stay at 70ish and during the day reach up to 105 for the basking spot and 80 on the cool side

also each cage is 4'x2'x2'

Old 02-17-2010, 01:48 AM   #16
HowlinGaleDragons
Here are my tanks, please pardon the paper on a bunch of them I took these pictures when my dragons where brumating. I will post pictures of my new tank being built when it is done. All of the tanks pictured are made of Melamine I feel this is the best material to work with it holds head well and seems more resistant to ware. I still have to put my idea to work Ed I haven't had time to get the second lights wired in for night bulbs but it will save a lot of time when I do!

The 8 Stack is one huge unit this saved a lot of space for me. The 6 lower tanks are 4 x 2 x 16 and the top two tanks are 3 x 2 they hold heat perfectly.

The 4 Stack are 4 x 2 x 2 I keep small groups of females in these they take up a little more room than the large unit but are great fr what I use them for.

You are best off going with melamine it might coast more but you get what you pay for. I would also recommend keeping all of your cages on wheels they are usually very heavy and it will make moving them around much easier. I do know a lot of people swear by 4 x 2 x 2 but I find my 4 x 2 x 16 work better this keeps the UVB a little closer to them and allows you more room for more thanks (Height wise). [My tanks are in my house]

Old 02-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #17
pgwdragons
The only wood based unit that Ive got is the female unit.. which is made out of 1in. plywood. with white showerboard around the insides going about 11 in. up and around.. which is there just so that any insects cant crawl up the sides. Never had any heating problems w/ it... like I said earlier though.. the rest of my cages are large individualized sterilite style tubs

Old 02-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #18
jeffwyatt81
Cages/tanks set up

Very nice setup ed that is exactly what I will be doing after this breeding season!! This is what i'm working with right now but I will soon be recunstructing my entire room and the sterilite tubs are temp until i set my other 4x2x2 + 4x2x18" and I am using mega ray 100 watt mercury vapor bulbs right now for the sterilites. After this breeding season I will be switching to my homebuilt melemine/ oak face enclosures 4x2x18" with 36" 10.0 uvb and 40-50 watt basking lamp for all sub-adult and adult dragons.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #19
dragonluver83
My little slice of heaven

The first two pics are of the breeding room...

and the last pic are of the baby cages.

Fig i would snap some pictures as i feed an clean... after a long two weeks of snow removal its nice to come home to my girl and my little ones!!

What do you think? not bad for a 2 bed room apartment!!! I do what i can do with what i got. But if i had a house i think i would have way to many animals!!!

As you can see newspaper isnt pretty but its easy cheap and leaves behind no mess when cleaned up like substrate can.. If it wasn't for the males messing up the newspaper it would be perfect. but what can you do!!!

And yes i even have more animals then what i have in my cages.. some are in brumation and a few of my dragons are with other breeders getting bred! like the red hypo trans in my avatar. i miss him but the breeder has bred him to three different females. so be expecting babies from him in the next month and a half two months.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #20
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballBeardies View Post
they have some nice setups. Come on people in the biz citrus dragons, ed clark, baltimore beardies,etc where you at
Sorry for the long wait on the pics... Actually i just wondered in here to see what was new. hope my pics help... Of course i do have more homes for babies but i didnt fell the need to take pics of plastic bins from wal-mart.
Also i am just now getting the feeling back in my arms from the 2 weeks of snow removal. lol, so hope the pics of the cages help. i can explain how to built them to keep the cost fairly low. as you can see i used 1 piece of wood to be the ceiling of one cage and use that same piece of wood to be the floor in the one above it. so instead of two pieces of wood used, there is only one...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!