Trans x trans? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #31
mmdragons
I agree,
I have a female hypo she is about 20" and ever since she was like 12" or so she has had the sourist additude toward me lol. So I have bred her twice now and like a couple of her, female babys were the exact same why, not just out of the egg like dragons can be but like until they were 8" and I started to sell them...

Old 07-22-2010, 12:56 AM   #32
joseydiann
I didn't read this whole tread but I was told if you breed trans to trans you get normals that breeding two trans will not give you trans at all..

Old 07-22-2010, 08:15 AM   #33
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseydiann View Post
I didn't read this whole tread but I was told if you breed trans to trans you get normals that breeding two trans will not give you trans at all..
That is not correct. The translucent gene is a recessive gene and to have a visual representation of it both parents have to either be het for trans or homozygous for trans. Breeding a visual trans to a visual trans(or het trans) will result in translucent offspring. Breeding a hypo trans to a hypo trans will result in what is called a "super" trans. If you breed a trans to a non-trans than that would result in visual normals but they would be 100% het trans.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #34
joseydiann
Humm very interesting thank you Brian..

Old 07-25-2010, 02:15 AM   #35
BreedersCircle
From other peoples experiences the Trans to trans has been a no no.
Like Tom was saying earlier, the hypo to hypo cross is usually no problem as it has been outcrossed big time, but even then some hypo to hypo crosses can be week. Babies will be small and weak if the lines are too close.

I have seen for my self several trans to trans crossings. None of them being done by me as I try to steer far from it with hets or trans to hets.
In the times it was been done a couple years ago, the results were disastrous.
Will not be naming the breeder but this is what happened.
The First clutches offspring from a trans het hypo to hypotrans pairing were insane in what we would call super translucents or purple translucents. They lived ok for the first few weeks and then litterally started to drop dead. I personally bought 6 of them because of how crazy they looked, healthy as a matter a fact. All of the ones I bought and then the ones he had... died.
In another instance, someone elses clutch came out litterally deformed and with swollen joints. Poor choice again. All died

I have seen healthy adults with poor vision, head shakes, and poor movements.

Due to what I saw with my own eyes I will NOT do trans to trans combinations any time soon.

BUT, recently their has been a couple people with the trans to trans combination. And they did them without a bump. All babies being healthy and growing like a regular dragon. This I have also seen with my own eyes, even caring for a couple with a close eye on their behavior out of curiosity.

Maybe we are outcrossing them enough that it will be able to be done with out a problem. For the time being Ill stick with my hets and will agree with Tom as it will take some to outcross this beautiful but yet weak gene.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:38 AM   #36
rpeteroy
leucistic x leucistic

For those interested in looking there is an add in the bearded dragon classifieds with baby Leucistic x leucistic and they look 100% perfect. As of the time of this writing they are on page 3 for sale by salas dragons. He states both parents were 100% marketed leucistics which are consequentially trans. Someone should check these babies out and follow up with them. I am on the fence about all this because I have bred trans to trans as stated earlier in this post but I have had problems with trans adults purchased from other people that just couldnt cut it no matter what I did. I also going to look at some dragons tomorrow that may be something new and are from trans x trans breeding with lava hypo trans reduced scale x hypo trans leatherback and they came out the wrong color for what was supposed to pop. I will keep you all posted on them.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=189349
link to add with marketed leucistic babies from trans x trans

Old 07-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #37
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpeteroy View Post
For those interested in looking there is an add in the bearded dragon classifieds with baby Leucistic x leucistic and they look 100% perfect. As of the time of this writing they are on page 3 for sale by salas dragons. He states both parents were 100% marketed leucistics which are consequentially trans. Someone should check these babies out and follow up with them. I am on the fence about all this because I have bred trans to trans as stated earlier in this post but I have had problems with trans adults purchased from other people that just couldnt cut it no matter what I did. I also going to look at some dragons tomorrow that may be something new and are from trans x trans breeding with lava hypo trans reduced scale x hypo trans leatherback and they came out the wrong color for what was supposed to pop. I will keep you all posted on them.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=189349
link to add with marketed leucistic babies from trans x trans

Those are not trans animals. Those are marketed leucistic (AKA very white/low color Hypo dragons). So in essence that is a hypo X hypo cross.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #38
rpeteroy
marketed leucistics

Sorry spyder you need to know what you are talking about first But all marketed leucistics are trans. Know your genes first before you post.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #39
john_ny217
Quote:
Sorry spyder you need to know what you are talking about first But all marketed leucistics are trans. Know your genes first before you post.
Huh??

never heard that one before lol

Old 07-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #40
spyder79
Quote:
:r ofl:

Are you fricking kidding me man. You realize that a Marketed Leucistic
is just that a MARKETING term. They are not actual leucistic animals. They are merely very low color/paper white dragons that were selectively bred for no color. Often they are combined with the hypo gene to intensify this lack of color by removing even more of the dark pigmentation but they are deffinately not translucent lmao.

Now i believe the confusion that you are having is that the Trans has black eyes which would lead you to believe that a trans would be a leucistic (because the leucistic gene in reptiles typically results in solid blue eyes) but this is not the case. The actual leucistic gene has not popped up yet in the bearded dragon world.

Now the translucent gene is merely translucent skin thats it. It has nothing to do with Hypomelanism or Leucism.

Now before you tell someone they need to know what they are talking about you need to know what you are talking about.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!