Blue eye bearded dragons Marek's/herpies - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #21
pdragon
"Yeah, damaged retinas from any source beit disease, UV exposure, cancer, or physical damage (anything that restrict or damages the blood vessels inside of the eye will play a role in any animals eye color."

I totally agree with you Clay.

Josh

Old 12-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #22
will11780
Ive personnaly owned a blue eyed bearded dragon and his eye sight was alot better that some of my others with normal eye color he could see me 20 foot getting roaches and get ready for food and my others wouldnt see what i had for them till i went to there cage with them he also would watch my dogs and cats wonder thru my house from my couch and them be 10 to 15 foot away so if a disease caused the blue eyes it didnt affect eye sight

Old 12-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #23
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by will11780 View Post
Ive personnaly owned a blue eyed bearded dragon and his eye sight was alot better that some of my others with normal eye color he could see me 20 foot getting roaches and get ready for food and my others wouldnt see what i had for them till i went to there cage with them he also would watch my dogs and cats wonder thru my house from my couch and them be 10 to 15 foot away so if a disease caused the blue eyes it didnt affect eye sight
I think you may have misunderstood me. My bearded dragon is not a "blue eyed dragon" nor would anyone confuse him for one. I do not know the cause of his blindness, but I am fairly certain that whatever it is, it is not the same cause of "blue eyes" in bearded dragons, and thus, I would not expect any correlating blindness in "blue eyed" beardeds. I was simply putting this forward as an instance in which I know that physical trauma, and not genetics, affected the eye color of a bearded dragon. I apologize if I failed to properly explain this.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #24
will11780
Im sorry i didnt mean it to seem like i was sayin your was a disease or anything like that i was just puttin my experience with blue eyes and this chicken disease mareks i dont know what this disease does but i figure it affected eye sight and was just sayin my blue eyed beardie had great sight

Old 12-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #25
DNA Dragons
Was it blue though? Or possible white, silver or grey color, that under fluorescent light would look blue? I am not discrediting you, I am curious because many people define a blue eyed animal different, which is very okay, it's irrelevant (are all red dragons red?).
I liked how you describe the bearded dragon, mine all seem to know what bin outside of the cages have dubia too.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #26
will11780
I would say more gray but they had spots of darker blue and one eye had alot more than the other ive actually got 15 of his offspring some of them have lighter colored eyes than otheres im holding onto them to see if this blue eyes is a gene that can be passed on have also talked to someone that os working with a genetics doctor to find out the same thing

Old 12-31-2011, 12:30 AM   #27
DNA Dragons
A geneticist can do nothing more than you can friend It is a process of observation, or isolating sequences of the blue eyed dragon's dna, which will take way more genetically modified baby dragons than your guy to find it. Good luck with your babies!

Old 01-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #28
Brandon Roesler
They keep changing the requirements of proof, which to me is ridiculous. He asked for pics he got them, but that's not proof? Then he was told he could go to more than one persons house and be shown them in person and he declined, why? Because he has been given the proof already, in photos. They exist, just because they have not been proven reproducible YET does not mean they do not exist which was what his original post was about.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #29
john.r1

purple eyes

Old 01-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #30
Brandon Roesler
Yep... They sure are John. On a purple dragon none the less...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!