Intuit card reader - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #21
Dennis Hultman
Well, I purchased the new galaxy 3 phone and paypal here is the only card reader that doesn't work on that phone yet. You would think it would work on the latest android phone. Nope..

Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
mechnut450
sound like gettingone of these might be the way to go later on if i do shows. my think is how much ( roughly ) of your sales are gone in fees? I saw the one was 2.7 and a 3.7 fee is that a total or per swipe?

Old 10-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #23
hhmoore
Does it matter whether it is total or per swipe? Don't they both add up to the same amount?
As far as the two fees - the 2.7% is for swiped transactions, 3.7 is for keyed (manually entering the numbers, ie taking credit card over the phone)

Old 10-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #24
Gloryhound
One additional fee that we got hit with on the Go Payment once was a slightly higher swipe fee for a card that had a rewards program. It was less than 0.25%, but it was in addition and they don't advertise it. They also don't let you know about the fee or charge the fee until the end of the month. ie - they don't take it out right away as they do the other fee, they wait till they get hit with the charge to charge you.

Not sure if all rewards cards have that added fee, but it is something to look out for. Also the GoPayment charges a higher percentage if you accept an American Express.

All in all though it has helped sales at shows!

Old 10-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #25
Dennis Hultman
Another note.

Square fits into my phone without having to remove my new phone's case (otter box). Go Payment does not.

I have a second cheaper case that that all three of the card readers fit with it on but I think if I'm handing my phone to multiple people I would want to keep the best case on my phone. Otter box offers the most protection in my opinion.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #26
Darky
I use Square App on my phone, they send a little reader for free... There is a per charge transaction fee of roughly 2%. However, I find Square is much more efficient at depositing funds into my account (most of the time the funds are in my account within 4-6 hours) then any other merchant tools I've used!

Cheers,

Rob

Old 10-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #27
Darky
Meant to post in my reply that you (the user) can adjust the % charged.... I've played with it from 2.7% to 7%!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!