2007 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
Stardust

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

My last new years resolution was over ten years ago, and it was that I would never make another one. I have kept that, lol, I just got tired of always breaking them in one way or another and being discouraged, so now I am always happy that I made it through another year and didn't break my own promise to myself
Anyone have some that you would like to share?

Old 01-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
Stardust
Here is the day, the first day of yet another year.
I look up from my computer and kids discovery channel is on and they are talking of dinosaurs(my first thought, gee I am becoming one, lol, another year).
I am listening to how one can not fight the steg and that it will take 10,000 years to evolve into a Rex to be able to fight the steg. I am thinking wow, 10,000 years! I guess I never really thought about how long they actually lived on this earth before they became extinct.
Time seems to elude me. The more I think I know the more I find I do not know.
I don't even know why I brought this up, I have been doing a lot of studying on purpose and religion lately so I guess watching this brought time into the equation, just like when I had post about this somewhere else, someone brought up heredity into the equation of religion, so I then needed to go back and re-evaluate a few things.
Time along with our purpose, what is it?

Old 01-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
ms_terese
Not really resolutions, just reaffirmations.

Taking my health more seriously, keeping my priorities in line, trying to be kinder in general and keep my mouth shut when kindness just won't come out , count my blessings every day because there are just SO many.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Stardust
I am also looking into my health. I got a cold Christmas day and it is still lingering but I am still feeling optimistic about the health thing.
Last year I spent the year relieving myself of as much drama as possible in my life. The stress it causes is unreal! So even though I lingered and read on the net I didn't actually participate. At first there were times I REALLY wanted to but held back, as the year went on it became easier and easier for me to just center and reply calmly and not let the drama of it all affect me. I have done a lot of reading this last year, a lot of soul searching. I am in a pretty good place with this now and plan to continue on with my journey.

On a physical level, I am planning on resolving some issues that I have there. Smoking is one of them. That is a top priority for me this year. It was in the front of my mind always last year, but I knew in finding inner peace there would be peaks and valleys (which there were) and I would slow down but not center on stopping until I had everything in order upstairs, so to speak lol.

Last year I started working some on the physical as I knew this would be the year for that, and both do walk hand in hand. So I did cut down (there were those peaks and valleys) and started to work out. This year I will go further on working out keep my learning up and drama out and I am very optimistic I will be successful in quiting smoking. There have been other times in my life that I have thought of this, but never has it been with such vigor and a calm resolve that I can and will accomplish this.

On my quiting day I will write in here and journal it, I believe that will help also. I am looking forward to this year!!

Old 01-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #5
Stardust
I also want to include that it is nice seeing you one here Terese.
You are one of the few people I so enjoy reading. You are very intelligent and wise in my book. Not only because I bought a great snake from you (a gift for someone) but because in our correspondence and what I have seen you say on here, you always make sense to me and have the proper mix of compassion and knowledge.
Good to see you again!

Old 01-03-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
Schlyne
I usually make the same sort of resolution, which generally leads to getting in better shape and loosing weight.

I managed to make some progress on that resolution last year. I'm going to continue to work on that. Generally, I need to cook at home more, cut down on the soda/overall sugar stuff, and exercise more

Old 01-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #7
Stardust
I do not often eat sugary stuff, but pepsi, not that is my downfall! When everyone has they coffee I have my pepsi. It is something I am going to have to let go of.
I started buying decaf pepsi to switch out during the day, it hasn't helped my sleep problems but I am starting to feel better without it.
Motivation for working out is a definite hard thing for me to do. Somewhere along the lines the Rozann with loads of energy somehow left the building

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!