Wonka-Unnamed Baby Profiles (2018-H; Caramel Bullseye) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-29-2020, 01:11 AM   #1
Snakesitter
Wonka-Unnamed Baby Profiles (2018-H; Caramel Bullseye)

(Note this post is best viewed in threaded layout, where available.)

Living Gems Reptiles is pleased to finally profile the babies from its 2018 “H” litter, one of the only — and maybe *the* only — caramel litters born in the United States.

Born on February 10, 2019 (a surprise late result of 2018 breeding activity) to Wonka (a May 2015 full caramel male)…

Sire

When young:

On current stud duty (note I did not want to disturb them):

…and Unnamed (a July 2014 het caramel female with beautiful orange color and thick vivid side crescents)…

Dam

As a juvenile:

…this litter represents the first pairing of these two animals.

As caramels, the babies in this litter were special right from the start. However, a number of them surprised me with great bullseye side patterns. The litter was extremely female heavy at ten girls to one boy, so though I have already sexed twice, I will probably check again one last time to be sure. It was also caramel heavy, with seven fulls to four hets…but I’m not complaining on that score. ;-)

All are now well-tested at a year and a quarter old, with numerous successful meals and sheds. As has been outlined in previous posts, all of these babies come from a disease-tested facility.

As with all LGR litters, we’ve done dozens of handling sessions for each baby, part of our commitment to start acclimating them to humans.

Over the following posts, please find a short profile of every baby in the litter. For each, a short description is provided, noting any behavioral or physical quirks, along with a selection of photos. For dorsal chains, “short” means two to three linked spots, and “long” mean four or more. Please note the term “holdback” means we are keeping the baby as a future breeder. Note we have not chosen all holdbacks yet for this litter.

So grab a cup of your favorite brew, sit back, relax, and enjoy!

If you like what you see, and want first dibs at any babies, you can sign up for our Wait List .

Thank you as always,

Old 05-29-2020, 01:14 AM   #2
Snakesitter
Baby #01 (Female)

This little lady has her morph’s infamous soft peach-like glow, punctuated with orange dorsals outlined in an attractive greenish gray. Her dorsals are proportionately sized and evenly spaced, with minimal chaining. She has thick side crescents, many of them quite deep. She was an enthusiastic explorer during the writeup process, and insisted on either being held or exploring the desk.

Rear

As of early May’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 102 grams.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:16 AM   #3
Snakesitter
Baby #02 (Female)

This young lass has her morph’s standard coloration. Her dorsals have a bit more fluctuation in size and more chaining than her sisters. She has thick side crescents, many of them quite deep. She was soaking during the writeup process, and did her best to ignore me.

Rear

As of early May’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 107 grams.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:20 AM   #4
Snakesitter
Baby #03 (Female, Het)

This small girl is one of the few hets in the litter. She has good soft color, as all the hets seem to, and evenly spaced dorsals with some chaining. However, she also has massive side bullseyes, a major unexpected bonus. She found being graded a curious thing, and stuck her head right up to mine to see if she could figure out what I was doing.

Side

As of early May’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 87 grams.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:24 AM   #5
Snakesitter
Baby #04 (Female, Het)

This little lady is another het. She has her sister’s coloration nd dosrsald, but with a bit more chaining, including one five segment. She has thick rich side crescents rather than bullseyes.

Note she looks like she was in shed during the photoshoot…she looks much closed to her sister H-03.

Side

As of early May’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 86 grams.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:27 AM   #6
Snakesitter
Baby #05 (Female)

This young lass has her morph’s standard coloration. Her dorsals are fairly standard, but she does have a few short chain segments. She has thick side crescents, though not as deep as her sisters’. She was another explorer tonight, and climbed right up onto my arm as I was typing away.

Front

As of early May’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 104 grams.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:28 AM   #7
Snakesitter
Baby #06 (Female, Het)

This unusual girl is another het, but much darker than her siblings. She has greater variability in dorsal size, with small ones scattered at random. Her side crescents are as thick as her sisters’, but not quite as bright.

Side

As of early May’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 85 grams.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:30 AM   #8
richardhind1972
Very nice indeed, there all so cool congratulations

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Old 05-29-2020, 01:30 AM   #9
Snakesitter
Baby #07 (Female)

This little lady has her morph’s standard coloration. Her dorsals have a bit more fluctuation in size and more chaining than her sisters. Her thick side crescents are a mixture of deep and bullseyes.

Side

As of early May’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 73 grams.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:33 AM   #10
Snakesitter
Baby #09 (Female)

This little lass has her morph’s standard coloration. Her dorsals are more uniform than her sisters, but have decent chaining. She has thick side crescents, most of them quite deep, almost bullseyes.

Side

As of early May’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 83 grams.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!