Bad luck here too... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
LadyOhh
Bad luck here too...

I forgot to post this here.

Friday morning, 1AM...

Driving home from a friends house, as we were getting ready for Anahiem and I needed to pick up animals.

I was in the third lane on the freeway, and it was all clear at that time, except one car about two car lengths in front of me in the carpool lane, and a couple semis in front and behind.

Lo and behold, the carpool lane car decides to try and exit the freeway by crossing the double yellow lines, slowing down, and drift across a few lanes to get to the exit. (NOT signalling, by the way)

I didn't notice he was drifting until too late..

Here is the result

The Joel and I are fine, albeit sore and angry..

Old 09-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
jasballs
Sorry to hear that Heather. I'm glad your ok sweetness!!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #3
shrap
Glad to hear everyone is ok. That is the most important thing.

Which of course there is always a silver lining.... so have fun shopping for the new car!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #4
TheFragginDragon
Wow Heather, so glad you made it relatively unscathed!! Could have been a whole lot worse.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:39 PM   #5
Cat_72
Holy crap, woman....scary!!!

That's one of the reasons I like Iowa...a slow tractor taking up both lanes of a 2 lane highway is the closest thing to dangerous freeway driving I get around here, lol.

Glad to see you guys are OK....and like Sammy said, new car shopping is good.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #6
Dennis Hultman
Importantly, I'm glad the two of you are fine.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #7
MikeCurtin
Glad you're OK...as for the windshield, was that the result of someone's head? If so, OUCH!!!

Old 09-15-2008, 01:43 PM   #8
LakesideBoas
I'm so sorry I missed this!

Glad you both are okay. I'm always griping at my kids when they don't signal. The turn signal isn't for you, you already know what you're going to do, it's for the poor slob behind you that can't read your mind!

Hope you two can have some fun picking out a new car. Start with something you've always wanted to test-drive first...drives the salesperson nuts when you settle on what you really need instead!

Old 09-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
LadyOhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo
Glad you're OK...as for the windshield, was that the result of someone's head? If so, OUCH!!!
Nope, it was the airbag that deployed... Thank god.

As for new car hunting... it'll be used car hunting. I wasn't planning on getting a new car for a few years, and that is still the case.

We shall see what I can find. So far, very slim pickings...

Old 09-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #10
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Wow! I'm so glad your both okay! Your poor car though!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!