good beginner venomous snake - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-14-2004, 05:03 PM   #121
snakekid13
guess the pic didnt work

Old 05-14-2004, 07:14 PM   #122
Irwin
Wow, this thread just keeps on giving. I also am undecided on my views about hybrids. I have been reading a lot about them lately. So far I see nothing wrong with them if the right owner is the breeder, i.e. Tanith Tyrr. (no sucking up intended)

Old 05-14-2004, 10:10 PM   #123
snakekid13
Ya i've done some reading lately on it and i dont think anything is wrong with it if its in a controled enough environment and the right hands. I thought the AmazonXEmerald was very interesting looking. I just heard a guy voided a false water cobra, how stupid is that they arent even that venomous anyways but theirs always going to be stupid people. I cant wait to go to the Arlington Texas show tomorrow man it sucks going to reptile shows without any money lol. I was going to get some female amazons but i blew all my money on some scorpions and a solomon island ground boa lol. I wish i held on to that money.

Old 05-14-2004, 10:36 PM   #124
Mustangrde1
My opinion on the crossbreeding is reserved till better evidance with time and proper scientific studies on the potentials of shorter life spanns and incresed likelyness of illness's are studied.

Personally I do not like them and do not think I ever will. Ive collected so many years that seeing just the natural differances in patterns and coloration in true wild caught animals never will cease to amaze and facinate me. Personal Prefferance however.

As to voids my stance and opinions on them is NO secret.

Old 05-14-2004, 10:41 PM   #125
snakekid13
I agree mustang their is still alot to learn about hybrids but i still dont think its worse then voiding.

Old 05-14-2004, 10:50 PM   #126
Mustangrde1
exactly lots to learn still. Voiding well thats a diffrent topic completely

Old 05-14-2004, 10:53 PM   #127
snakekid13
I think voiding should be outlawed that would make my day. Just thinking about it hurts my head. I have seen some messed up surgeries and the snake ends up with a shrunken head its all just so sad. People are so stupid.

Old 05-14-2004, 10:58 PM   #128
Mustangrde1
a complete ban or outlawing would be next to impossible and black marketing them would become standard practice. The Only thing that can be done is toughen current laws and demand enforcement of them. Have faith it will be comming very very soon

Old 05-14-2004, 11:05 PM   #129
snakekid13
I said i wish... i know it wont be band but i can always hope. But for tightening laws that could be good and bad for the herp community. But i looked at a chart on the net of the percentage of voids unfortunately it has a steady growth which is really to bad. Things like this really makes me sad that someone could do this to a living animal.

Old 05-14-2004, 11:10 PM   #130
Mustangrde1
Eric keep in mind a very very high percentage of the Voids you see on the market are done by persons without Veterinary credintails thus making them in violation of many and numerous laws already on the books. So in effect creating a amendment to current laws so that the venomoid surgery is included to current laws would in no way harm the industry. In fact it would be opening doors for more law enforcment agencies to actually go after the persons doing these illegal alterations.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!