feeding - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-10-2006, 07:38 PM   #1
droogievesch
feeding

I have two questions about feeding.

1.) I have a male bp that is about one year old. I don't know how much he weighs but I do know he's well over 2 ft. long. I feed him one small feeder rat a week, is this too little and should I try feeding him more? I can't go up in size because he's not big enough around to handle a medium feeder.

2.) I've been thinking of switching to frozen. Is there a place online that sells frozen food cheap that I don't have to buy tons of in each order, maybe like 10-20 at a time?

Thanks!

Old 05-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #2
tstrenuous10
nowhere to buy that few frozen, smallest i have seen is 50 i believe although the bigger the feed the less in a packedge. check out http://www.bigcheeserodents.com or http://www.bigappleherp.com those seem to be most popular on here. rodent pro seems to be no good from peoples experiences.

maybe try buying a larger frozen rat and see how the snake takes that. mine is on small rats right now (40g) maybe once every 10 days or so, its been a while since hes shedding.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #3
shrap
Feeding one appropriately sized meal a week is just fine. No need to alter that schedule.

As far as smaller quantities... you may want to try here: http://www.americanrodent.com/htm/rats.html

They do a cash minimum of $50. Which would be about 30 medium rats.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
Scott Ashton
I use Big Cheese Rodents and couldn't be happier. Their feeders are clean and vacuum sealed on styrofoam trays.

They have a one package minimum order, which for small rats would be 15 for $13.50.

What is going to kill you on small quantities is shipping.

Big Cheese offers shipping via Greyhound, which I've found to be the most reasonable. I order between 100-150 feeders per order.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:50 PM   #5
k2gsnakes
Rodentpro sells at shows, last time we bought from them we got a bag of frozen rat pups, a bag of 50 pinkies, and a bag of 50 mice. Cost me 75-95 dollars.. was awhile back so I dont remember exact price but between there. I just would like to say that about 20 of the adult mice were the size of hoppers, some of the mice/pinkies/rats stick together. They were 'alright' in general but just information for future use.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!