How do you make a Super-Tangerine Albino? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: When is a gecko a Super gecko?
Less than 10 black spots on back 3 37.50%
When crossed with another Super Gecko 0 0%
When both parents are Super Geckos 1 12.50%
When you just want more money for it 3 37.50%
Anytime becuase it sounds cool 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #1
Geckobiz
Question How do you make a Super-Tangerine Albino?

How do you make a Super-Tangerine Albino?

Would that mean any albino with less than ten black spots on their back is a super albino?

Can anyone explain when to add Super to the name?

Old 06-17-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
WiteLeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckobiz

Would that mean any albino with less than ten black spots on their back is a super albino?

Well first off, albinos don't have black spots. A Super Hypo I think is said to have less then 5 black spots. A hypo has less then 10. High yellows are in the middle of hypo and normal.

When I say less then 5 spots, I mean in the space batween the neck and the tail base.

To get a super tang albino, I'm not sure, Dan has the best I have ever seen. He should know where it crosses the line.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:35 PM   #3
Geckobiz
Thanks for the info... I have seen super albino's for sale and was not super it that was possible?

Old 06-17-2005, 12:39 PM   #4
diablohogs
Quote:
any albino with less than ten black spots on their back is a super albino
any albino with even one black spot is pretty super.

Quote:
super-tangerine is a morph in tremper albinos where the bands get taken over with orange pigment. quite possibly becasue of the presence of the ray hines hypo gene.

the confusing part is this:

ron tremper named the "super-tangerine" morph, yet he claims to have never added any ray hines hypos to his line of albinos. when i purchased mine i asked him "would this be considered a hybino?". his reply, "you could call him that.".

Quote:
in all cases but in the case of the super-tangerine, "super "is added when the morph in question is a codominant or incomplete dominant trait and the animal is homozygous for that trait.

i.g. super snow, super hypo, super giant, super salmon...ect...

Old 06-17-2005, 04:07 PM   #5
Golden Gate Geckos
well...

Quote:
super-tangerine is a morph in tremper albinos where the bands get taken over with orange pigment. quite possibly becasue of the presence of the ray hines hypo gene.
I agree.
Quote:
ron tremper named the "super-tangerine" morph, yet he claims to have never added any ray hines hypos to his line of albinos. when i purchased mine i asked him "would this be considered a hybino?". his reply, "you could call him that".
I don't understand why RT would have claimed not to have any Hine influence... hmmm. Unless it is because Ray Hine calls his Hybinos and RT didn't want to use that particular name for his version of the same morph.

There are two other breeders that come to mind that do the same thing... one of them gets his directly from RT and calls the offspring "hyglows" and another got his from Ray Hine and calls his offspring "sunglows". Essentially, they are all "hybinos".

Old 06-17-2005, 04:37 PM   #6
CoolGecko
Hyglows are done by Alberto not Ron Tremper.

Old 06-17-2005, 05:14 PM   #7
Golden Gate Geckos
lol!

Quote:
There are two other breeders that come to mind that do the same thing... one of them gets his directly from RT and calls the offspring "hyglows" and another got his from Ray Hine and calls his offspring "sunglows".
Quote:
Hyglows are done by Alberto not Ron Tremper.
LOL, Preston... I was trying not to name any names!

Old 06-17-2005, 05:32 PM   #8
diablohogs
well, no matter what you call them. i like them

Old 06-17-2005, 05:34 PM   #9
DiabloBoa
me too

Old 06-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #10
Golden Gate Geckos
he he

So do I... BTW, take a look at Ray Hine's website for HIS definition of a Hybino...