Morph Guide - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #61
Golden Gate Geckos
well...

Quote:
LOL, you just don't get it, and likely never will...I don't need to go back and read all your posts, most I just skip over as you have developed a pattern of being a know it all.
Quote:
i think the problem is when it comes time for a veteran to learn something from me. they refuse and start calling me names (know it all, child, ect..ect..) but dont worry im used to it...been doing this forum stuff since 2003.
Chad, I truly believe we ALL could learn from you if it weren't for your arrongance and argumentive attitude towards other members of this Forum. I would love to learn more about genetics, perhaps even from you, but you don't exactly have any awards for "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Try asking questions without the hostility, and you may find a plethora of information from many of your fellow leo lovers. Maybe then, your knowledge will become an asset rather than something that many just skip past because you have alienated them!

I can fully understand your frustration and need (and many other's) to understand Leopard Gecko genetics, but you must understand that some of the morph terms/names as well as their genetics do not always compare to those of snakes. I told you this 2 years ago! Many of the LG morphs were simply 'called' a particular morph for the simple reason that they looked kind of like a similar snake morph.

Not to mention, many breeders went off to do their own thing with developing more of the line-bred traits we are seeing now without communicating with other breeders, and named them whatever they thought was appropriate. This is the reason we see different terms used for the same morph. No wonder it's confusing!

Forums like this one can help bridge this gap, and hopefully in the future we will all be on the same page in regard to Leopard Gecko genetics.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:44 PM   #62
diablohogs
Lightbulb no. youre right.

Quote:
Chad, I truly believe we ALL could learn from you if it weren't for your arrongance and argumentive attitude towards other members of this Forum. I would love to learn more about genetics, perhaps even from you, but you don't exactly have any awards for "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Try asking questions without the hostility, and you may find a plethora of information from many of your fellow leo lovers. Maybe then, your knowledge will become an asset rather than something that many just skip past because you have alienated them!
last night after all this went down on this thread i went back and read some of my posts. namely the red stripes thread where i was asking about the origin of the red stripe.

i noticed something and it immediately humbled me. often times i come off very sharp and pointed. this is not how i intended to express myself on this forum.

i sometimes get so wrapped up in understanding the genetic background of leopard geckos (and other reptiles) and defending what i have already learned that i dont realize that im coming off as rude.

you see, when i first joined this forum i almost immediately ended up in a pissing war with Seamus Haley over weather or not hybrids are morally right to produce. this may have developed a "us vs. them" mentality that seems to have stuck with me.

so what now? well first off i need to apoligize to the people i may have offended with my sharp tone. HQR, Jodi Atherns, Steve Sykes, just to name a few. i never intended to offend these people but after reading the wording of my posts i see they had really no other choice.

second. im going to be much more careful in how i word my inquiries and state what i do know. keep it short. to the point without being pointed. id like to be more approachable and less like some arrogant whipper snapper who thinks hes the end all on genetics (cause im not).

once again allow to me apoligize for the way i have come off in the past. i promise to make a coincence effort to tone down my writings and to ask questions in a fashion in which people want to answer them as opposed to making them feel like some little *sshole know-it-all is trying to prove them wrong.

vinny can tell you. geckos are a huge part of my life now. every conversation we have is about leopard geckos, genetics, boas or something relating to reptiles.

i really just need to filter my posts before hitting submit. proof read them. make sure im saying what i want to say but minus all the "yeah right" attitude.

Old 04-28-2005, 05:08 PM   #63
Gekkonida
Chad,
I think you are an asset to this forum and a new approach will certainly go a long way towards people wanting to learn what you have to offer. I know I like hearing your opinion on topics, albeit it is sometimes hard to swallow with what you’re dishing out. That being said it takes "back bone" to apologize, regardless of whether you are right or wrong and I for one appreciate it. I give you props for that. I hope we can learn from your knowledge and experience in all leo matters not just genetics as each persons unique experience with leos is a puzzle piece. I think this group (fauna leo lovers) works best when we are all working on the puzzle together.

Old 04-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #64
Golden Gate Geckos
Thumbs up way to go, Chad!

Great post, Chad! There has never been a question in my mind that you truly care for your geckos... and yes, with your understanding of genetics, passion for the hobby, and love for these beautiful creatures, you will be a true asset to the world of Leopard Geckos!

Old 04-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #65
SteveGeckosEtc
Chad, I accept and appreciate your apology. No hard feelings. I'm not sure if I have talked to you face to face at any of the California reptile shows, but make sure you stop by and introduce yourself if you see me at any of the shows (Sacramento, San Jose, or southern CA shows).

Regards,

Steve Sykes

Old 04-28-2005, 07:14 PM   #66
diablohogs
Red face thanks everyone, ecspecially steve and marcia, for being so understanding.

also i wanted to thank marcia for taking a look at my little deformed guy. i talked to vince and he told me what you had to say as far as the condition of the deformity. if you felt like taking her in i would gladly release her into your care.

also when i purchased "Spot" from you i seem to remember agreeing to eventually give you one of his offspring. if you would like i have Neo still (the first gecko i ever produced and offspring of "Spot") and id be honered if youd except him as a sort of peace offering. heres a recent picture. he turned out, what id call, a super non-bling but ive always liked his head pattern and he has great personality (being my first baby gecko i held him almost everyday when he hatched).

also i dont want you to feel as if you need to take in the deformed baby in order for me to give you Neo. they are 2 completely seperate things.
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2005, 07:18 PM   #67
diablohogs
p.s. steve ill take you up on that offer. do you have any dates on those shows or links to the websites?

thanks in advance for any info.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #68
SteveGeckosEtc
Chad,

Here is the link to our shows page: http://www.geckosetc.com/htm/shows.htm

We vend at almost all California reptile shows, so that is a good page to keep an eye on for the year's show schedule.

Hope to see you there.

Regards,

Steve Sykes
www.geckosetc.com

Old 04-28-2005, 08:03 PM   #69
diablohogs
that page is awesome!

it is a great service to me and anyone else out here who might be wondering what shows are happening in california. thank you. i will cartainly be attending more reptile shows.

its too bad there isnt a show at the alameda fairgrounds in pleasanton. i live within walking distance.

Old 04-28-2005, 08:03 PM   #70
hqreptiles
Chad,

It takes a big person to apologize, especially on a public forum. We gladly accept your apology.

Matt and Susan
High Quality Reptiles
http://www.HQReptiles.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!