Just pop already!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-13-2005, 10:38 PM   #1
raiquee
Just pop already!!

It seems like forever! My Las Vegas Patternless Albino female has got two very visable eggs but shes holding them in on me! lol I missed her egg by a long shot and it was dried beyond saving. I tried to revive it, but failed. I have been checking daily, just waiting and waiting XD How long generally is it when the eggs are very visable until they drop them?

Gah! The only things breeding right now is the confounded mammals! *pulls out hair* (and no not me you guys, jeez.)

Old 05-13-2005, 11:22 PM   #2
Blazin
It'll come!

Most of my girls usually lay between 14 and 20 days apart, but I have heard of others experiencing longer intervals. Just be patient! LOL! I know exactly how you feel!

Old 05-13-2005, 11:34 PM   #3
DiabloBoa
ive been waiting forever (it just seems that way) for my striped albino Raya to lay her next set (i can see hers too) i think ive read that she may postpone dropping them for many reasons but it doesnt necessarily mean she is late just doin it at her pace. maybe shes short on nutrients or just doesnt feel her lay box is suitable enough (although one leo i know of that was supposed to be finished laying decided to try and make a nest out of paper towels when she had no laybox) anyways patience is key and i cant wait to breed my pa female (they are just sweet lookin arent they?!)

Old 05-13-2005, 11:49 PM   #4
raiquee
She is a BEAUTIFUL and large LV PA i got from Jeanne and her mate is a LV albino het PA. So...i am expecting PA babies and hets for Pattys. BUT IT'S KILLING ME. My first leo eggs. I keep checking her to make sure i don't miss the eggs this time, and she always has this "Leave me alone" look on her face.

Oh one question. She is my only female in breeding at the time, and wanted to know...i want to do that shelf thing that albey has, but will the drop in night temps hurt the eggs at all?

Old 05-14-2005, 12:34 AM   #5
DiabloBoa
i think albeys room is probably thermostaticly controlled so the drops wouldnt be that low esp since i saw pics of them up high where it would probably stay warmer (heat rises after all)

Old 05-14-2005, 01:11 AM   #6
raiquee
i kinda figured that and i planned to put them on the top shelf. We got one of those nice temp guns so i can monitor them closely. Otherwise i can run and grab a hobavator, they aren't -too- pricey!

Old 05-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #7
peachstategeckos
Be prepared to get a theremostat for the hova though. Some people have luck without one others (like me) have to get one, just depends on the temps in your house. Good luck...I know what you mean, waiting for eggs and babies is pretty hard.

Old 05-15-2005, 05:35 PM   #8
raiquee
Well i went out and bought a hovabator today, just because i was sooo worried i'd loose these eggs much like the last one. We are getting it set up in the basement (a much cooler room) and we have a thermostat being hooked up to it as well. A question, it says to fill the bottom compartment with water (for chicken eggs) do we do this with leo eggs as well?

Now we are just waiting for her! Come on Victoria pop them eggs out XD We are putting a damp paper towel in there to get her to lay them, and also so that they won't dry up if she does it in the middle of the night

Old 05-15-2005, 05:49 PM   #9
MatthewK
Does hse not have a lay box to lay them in? If not, I would put one in asap. I dont fill the bottom with water in my 'bator. I usually do humidity per deli cup. I measure out how many grams of perlite, and water I need and add the weight of the deli and lid. That is how heavy it needs to stay, say some water evaporates, I add 2 more grams of water, or whatever is needed. Usually I dont remove cups unless it looks too dry to weigh them. Of course if you do remove the cups make sure to consider weight of eggs too. Most of my cups are good throughout incubation without needed any added water, sometimes I wet some that are about to pop, helps the baby get out a little easier. I have had good luck with that... 12 babies so far, 20+ eggs cooking.. going strong!

Good luck.

Old 05-15-2005, 10:00 PM   #10
raiquee
She does have a lay box, but she seems to like to flip it over and the empty container ends up over her water dish *rolls eyes* But we still supply it to her all the time. All my leos have one available, either for egg laying or for helping with shed

Matt, great news i looked at my blizz female and i could see a large white spot in her belly

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!