Cribo feeding routine - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-15-2016, 04:12 PM   #1
crd106
Cribo feeding routine

Good day/night all. I recently joined the Drymarchon Club! I purchased a handsome baby Unicolor Cribo from Black Pearl Reptiles on Tuesday. (Excellent transaction by the way) I've had various Colubrids my entire life. I was interseted to hear from other Drymarchon owners regarding their feeding routine. I was hoping to avoid the agressive cage response. All of my other snakes are fed in a separate tank to avoid any confusion during feeding time Am I dreaming that I can train my Cribo to eat in a separate tank? Thanks, Christopher

Old 09-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #2
phil5245
Hi there-
Congratulations on your new Cribo! They are amazing and intelligent animals.
I feed in the cage, either from tongs or on in a feeding dish. I handle them regularly (a few minutes 2-3 times a week) and have never had a problem with a misplaced feeding response. I am very comfortable just reaching in and pulling them out. Consistency is probably the main thing, so that the animal establishes a routine and knows what to expect.
Hope this helps -Phil

Old 09-19-2016, 03:03 AM   #3
crd106
Phil, Thanks for the reply... It is helpful. I try and hold all my snakes a few times a week so I anticipate he will get with the routine. I made the mistake of showing my wife a few videos of the Cribos and Indigos flying out of the cage at feeding time. I thought it was great... Her, not so much. We have 3 Corns and I don't think she understands they are totally different snakes. Non the less she loves him already after less than a week. Thanks again! Christopher

Old 10-27-2016, 12:23 PM   #4
tim brophy
Baby Drymarchon do better with minimal handling the first 6 months or so. Let them gain some size and feel more secure before you worry about taming them.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:28 AM   #5
crd106
Tim... Thanks for the post. I agree and I have been basically doing just as you said. I've been feeding him twice a week. I hold him and check over him for a few minutes then he gets fed in another tank. I put him back in his regular tank and he spends the few first days in his hide digesting then he starts checking everything out. Then..I repeat. Been keeping records and he is backing on the size.. Really cool and looking forward to when he has some real size. ......Now how do I go about talking my wife into letting me buy another Drymarchon?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
cribo, drymarchon, feeding tips