Bad Guy Shannon Craft aka Crazysnakelady ripped half my collection off - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #11
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by atblover View Post
She accepted the 10 day notice, and if I had her address I would have done it by certified mail.
If it wasn't sent by certified mail, where as a postal employee would verify her identification to both sign for it and release it to her, then it is not exactly sufficient notice. It doesn't matter if you had her current correct address, only that you made sufficient attempts to contact her at her last known address. If she couldn't accept it and it was returned, that is sufficient to go to court to place a lien on the property you had of hers in your possession.

I'm glad you work for a law firm. That only means that you had legal remedies available to you but you washed your hands of it by taking legal matters into your own hands.

Heres another thing.....

If you cant get in contact with a person by certified mail, it could be recommended that you place a small ad in the legal notification section of your local newspaper. In short it show you made every effort. I know it sounds like a lot to do for a little bit, but when you take another persons property you are assuming the most responsibility.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #12
atblover
That estimated amount is ridiculous, for one. The snakes were not worth that much, and the caging was in pretty bad shape. I did tell her I would only charge for the food that was eaten according to my records. Also, I provided cage supplies (substrate) which adds up. I didn't care about getting my money that I put into it back. I just wanted them gone.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #13
atblover
I am done with this thread. If Sarah wants to do something about this in court, that's fine. I did what I was told to do, and I think this is a personal issue and shouldn't have been posted on here. This was a friendship gone bad. I have never had anyone dissatisfied with business dealings with me. I intend to keep it that way.

-Shannon Craft

Old 09-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #14
shrap
Friends like this is exactly why I spend 95% of my time with critters and plants.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #15
Mike@boakingdom.com
I'm sorry to see this issue posted here. You two had a wonderful friendship. The kind of friendship every one of us would envy. Too many times business deals, partnerships, favors, etc have a way of destroying a friendship. That's really sad.

I had very good friend that I had periodically "babysat" snakes for. Everything was fine. One particular year I was burdened with over 15 baby rosy boas, many of which were non-feeders and I kept hearing "it won't be much longer" from him and it was getting old. I finally shipped the following year and had to wait weeks for my shipping money. I felt taken advantage of and haven't spoken to him since. This thing ruined a great friendship.

So I feel for you two both. In Shannon's defense, I know her well (as I do Sarah) and she's not a rip-off artist. She was truly stressed and overwhelmed and was spending money out of pocket on the care of these snakes.

Sarah, I mean this as a friend, I think you're wrong for carrying this on endlessly. This was not a business deal, it was a friendship favor. Nothing about this arrangement worked out for either side; let it terminate the friendship if that's how you feel, but the 1/2 year long bashing crusade is totally inappropriate.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by atblover View Post
I am done with this thread.

Now that right there is something a good attorney would advise you of.

No doubt in my mind that if your attorney/employer would read what you've written so far ................................he would tell you to find a new attorney. and probably a new employer too.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #17
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
Friends like this is exactly why I spend 95% of my time with critters and plants.
Well polish my petals and clean my nodes.....I'd love to be a plant in your house.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #18
vodkadreamzzz
Thank you critical Bill, for the insight that a noticed should have been certified mail. You are indeed right. And if shannon would have answered her phone or returned my call to given me her address to have money sent, then we wouldnt have had that problem.

Shannon, Tim had spoken to you prior to April 12th, about picking up the animals and you apparently had a show to do or go to with your boyfriend. The same show where both he and you wanted to sell my snakes at? As I recall. Am I right? You postponed the date for him to come and retrieve those animals, but changed your mind. As for the cages being in "bad shape" why do I see your ATBs residing in those extoerras? I didnt mind so much the animals were sold to cover your expenses, and time. But what about when I asked if I could have my dry stuff back, and I couldnt get the light of day to get a yes. Your pissed off becuse now everyone sees what you did to me, and its not going to be flagged on reptilegeeks.

I am not by any means saying I was a completly inncocent party. I didnt take a job oversees due to a dying family member. If I could have had a job the day I step foot back into OK, I would have. But the sad truth is, my family barley could afforded me to move back, let alone my 20 snakes in spare bedroom taking up hella power. I had to get food stamps for a month just so we could eat. So dont even tell me about hard times, my friend ray loaned me a grand to get back here to get me out of a bad situation, not to get snakes back. By the time everything was said and done, I had 28$ ti my name when I made it back here. I took and kept the job at petco, just to survive. I offered to reimburst you. But obviously outright selling those animals made you more money.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #19
Mike@boakingdom.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Now that right there is something a good attorney would advise you of.

No doubt in my mind that if your attorney/employer would read what you've written so far ................................he would tell you to find a new attorney. and probably a new employer too.

I don't think your sarcasm contributes much, but yes, she did well by deciding not to post anymore. She posted her comments about the issue & told her side of the story. As far as commenting on every other posted comment and opinion, that would just turn this into another 40 page thread like you see all too often.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #20
ophidile
Nothing to add on this thread in particular, but rather on the topic in general:

I have learned the hard way that boarding animals for a prolonged period of time is a bad idea. I've done it 3x - one time was fine, one time was okay but stressful, one time (also the last time) I lost half the animals I boarded. After that I decided never to board again.
That last time was with a supposed "reptile rescue" and I was willing to pay whatever they needed - I was just starting grad school and wanted to make sure my snakes didn't get neglected, so we met halfway and I gave them half my animals. Then I guess they had a kid with some serious congenital defects and things went downhill, and suddenly my snakes are dropping like flies. I drove 20 hrs round trip in one day to get the remainder back. I feel bad for the folks except I wish they'd told me they weren't able to keep up with the snakes - I knew they had some problems with a baby but I didn't understand what and every time I asked if the snakes were too much work they said everything was fine.

Anyway, without knowing the story here I don't know who, if anyone, is really a "bad guy" but if anyone out there is thinking of boarding their animals for more than a month, think really hard about it. You can guarantee their care if you're doing it yourself :/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!