Bad Guy Shannon Craft aka Crazysnakelady ripped half my collection off - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #61
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarsh View Post
Second You talk of " free lunch" well that's exactly what You were looking for from Your friend.
Lets say for arguement that's true and her friend simply had enough of caring and putting her time and money into these animals - anticipated not being compensated for that - sold the animals to recoup her expenses. Why keep the additional money from the sale of all the caging and miscellaneous items?

Are you saying that a list of all that below is equivalent to 5 months of care and feeding?
-------------
1.1 bp
0.0.1 Biak GTP
0.1 Irian Jaya Carpet
2.3 ATB
1.3 Sub & Adult Candoia
2.4 Baby Candoia

4 Exo Terra Cages (large style)
4 Vision Cages
1 4ft neodesha
1 4ft boaphile
Misc. Items (extension cords, water bowls, hides, thermostats, etc)a lot of new items
-------------

Even if she went about this the legal way, there still has to be a balance here. So where and when has that balance been returned?

Or maybe she sold everything off right down to the very penny she felt she was owed for her expenses? And if that's true then where are the receipts that would prove her expenses?

Do you know what her excuse has been as to why she sold her freinds stuff? She says "I was told to do this by my attorney". By an attorney she so happens work for, and probably under the desk. I shouldn't have said that, but I did. I get vexed easily and lose self control occasionally. But I'm sorry.

Anyway...an attorney told her to become a thief and sell her freinds stuff. I have never heard anything more nuts in my life.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:49 PM   #62
kmarsh
Truthfully Bill, I agree with most all You have said (other than the under desk part <weg>) but that aside. My beef was really of friends that just expect too much. A couple of snakes could be asked of a friend but 20 and possible 3 gravid? Thats just unreasonable use of a friend and to expect her to go begging for free mice to the mice guy every week for 4 months?Agreement or not thats just something, I personally wouldnt want to have to do week after week. Not to mention the chores involved. I could just sympathize with the frustration of the friend but then for her to attack me and name call me and make accusations against me without any reason. That just makes her look very unstable and un factual in her statements. We have all agreed to help a friend out from time to time but there are times some people just push the limits of friendship and sadly it results in this kind of stuff....Just my opinion............

Old 09-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #63
shrap
Shannon did not have to agree to watch those animals. But she did agree. Then sold her "friends" pets in the middle of the agreed upon time. Shannon is straight up trash.

If it would have been my pets someone did that to.... its not an attorney they should be worried about showing up at their door.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #64
ophidile
--- just want to put it out there that I do agree with ya Bill & shrap, Shannon agreed to the responsibility, reluctantly or no, and did not adhere to even the minimum timeframe (according to the vodkadreamz) nor did Shannon apparently even make minimal good-faith efforts to return the critters and supplies. That's a pretty crappy thing to do, and quite likely illegal. I suppose it does reflect on Shannon's "business rep", too, in that some of those animals and supplies were sold... I know I wouldn't want to buy an animal with that kind of ownership dispute!!!

It's still hard for me to get over foisting animals on someone in the first place As near as I can tell, that's what happened.

What a mess.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #65
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
Shannon did not have to agree to watch those animals. But she did agree. Then sold her "friends" pets in the middle of the agreed upon time. Shannon is straight up trash.

If it would have been my pets someone did that to.... its not an attorney they should be worried about showing up at their door.
Precisely. I think some people forget that aside from the monetary value of the property that there is also an emotional attachment to that property too. I mean its common sense, why would you be holding onto it and looking for a dear friend to care for it in your absence if it were something you didn't care about or want. Its sort of like a double hit, your not only out your possessions but the possessions that you really cared about.

But there isn't any good way for either ladies to fix the past. If the foundation of their friendship was strong - I would use that as a tactical advantage to become close again and just close enough to bury a knife in that chest and kick them in a ditch. NO! I didn't say that. Dont listen to me ladies. I would try and fix things if I could. Yeah that's it...that's what I meant....fix things.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #66
Curious George
BoaKing

Accept my apologies in that I read your quote as some others did, as having originated in a PM from one of the two particulars, and felt that if such was the case, you needed to lump it. That said, blurbs in anonymous karma-zaps are pretty insignificant as well, although the sender could have owned it by signing their name as part of the comment, rather than take advantage of your not being paid to view their identity.

My feelings about Shannon being in the greater error here were posted earlier. However, all this hob-knobbing about what great friends they were seems to be narrow hindsight. As noted by others, you find out who the true friends are when stress is applied. That Shannon was a swell friend in good times is a blue star at best, not gold. The extent to which the friendship swung as far as it did in the other direction is the better indicator that it was fair-weather at best. Friendships can take hits, and folks disagree, while still maintaining the respect that would be the mark of a "friend in need ... friend indeed". In this case, it would have been Shannon following a more legal, and more "fair", process in alleviating the burden of the animals. I don't see a friendship recovery here without a move by Shannon to find a more fair solution than what she chose. We're talking $ owed.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #67
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
--- just want to put it out there that I do agree with ya Bill & shrap, Shannon agreed to the responsibility, reluctantly or no, and did not adhere to even the minimum timeframe (according to the vodkadreamz) nor did Shannon apparently even make minimal good-faith efforts to return the critters and supplies. That's a pretty crappy thing to do, and quite likely illegal. I suppose it does reflect on Shannon's "business rep", too, in that some of those animals and supplies were sold... I know I wouldn't want to buy an animal with that kind of ownership dispute!!!

It's still hard for me to get over foisting animals on someone in the first place As near as I can tell, that's what happened.

What a mess.

I find that when you help a friend in need it sort of makes both people feel good. You can do something nice and it makes you feel good and the other person feels good because its weight of their shoulders. But that's just it when you're a good friend to someone - when you extend or accept an offer to help or assist - you shoulder a bit of their weight when they cannot. But I'm not here to give lessons in friendship - I'm sure most of you grasp the concept of a good friend.

A lot of folks will commit themselves and obligate themselves to help another, but they cant see what the extent of that help is until their way in over their head themselves. Now they are struggling - now they are both struggling. And if you are looking for a reason to quit on your friend..it really isn't hard to decide that when you sort of believe they have already quit on you. Sometimes its imagined and sometimes its not.

And that is what you see right here in front of you. Kaboom. Girls Gone Wild #26.

Some people just don't understand what the word friend means. Its one of the most important words right up their with the word love. They are words used to often without a whole lot of meaning and understanding behind them.

Well...its time from another gin-n-tonic. Chuck Kimmel...signing off.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #68
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious George View Post
karma-zaps are pretty insignificant as well, although the sender could have owned it by signing their name as part of the comment, rather than take advantage of your not being paid to view their identity.
I did own it. He...just like you...are not paid members and cannot see who is leaving karma for you.

I forgive you, but do not ever accuse me of taking advantage of anyone. You will not like the consequences. Now tuck that in your tukus Georgie and go swing along.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #69
Mike@boakingdom.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious George View Post
Accept my apologies in that I read your quote as some others did, as having originated in a PM from one of the two particulars, and felt that if such was the case, you needed to lump it.
No hard feelings brother, apology accepted.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #70
Curious George
Quote:
I forgive you, but do not ever accuse me of taking advantage of anyone. You will not like the consequences. Now tuck that in your tukus Georgie and go swing along.
Geez .. apologies #2, as I missed where it had been owned.

Tukus ? Say, are you that guy in the yellow hat, always with the banana in his pocket, saying "Come here my little primate"?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!