Ryan Neubauer Sellers Beware (and Buyers Too) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-23-2003, 08:03 PM   #1
TripleMoonsExotic
Ryan Neubauer Sellers Beware (and Buyers Too)

ryan_neubauer@onmilwaukee.com (his email)

Well, I had my first incident with a "deal gone bad." I had posted a 1.0 adult male ball python for sale on reptibid. Well, he was bid on and one for $70 by this individual (known as Mueagle on the site). He/she asked to wait to make payment until 05-23-03 for money reasons, and I agreed (I'm not a nasty person, I understand waiting for paychecks). When no payment arrived (I ONLY deal with Paypal) I emailed the individual. They told me they had gotten "laid off" that day (day payment was supposed to be received conveintly) and couldn't pay, but offered a boa in trade. I refused, went on reptibid gave them a negative feedback for not paying and dragging out the whole thing, waisting my time and reposted the animal...Then...I get an email an hour or so ago from the webmaster saying I sent an animal to this RYAN NEUBAUER that was "tick infested," not what I had the picture up of, etc.

So, what does everyone think? What to do next? I defended myself to the webmaster and am patiently waiting for a response. Depending on how this is dealt with, I may have to recommend NO ONE use reptibid for this reason. No protection for the seller...

- Stephanie Kunder -
(hey I forgot, it was an honest mistake)

Old 05-23-2003, 08:42 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
So far I am pleased with ReptiBids attempts at "clearing me."

From: "Webmaster ReptiBid" <webmaster@reptibid.com> Save Address | Headers
To: <blckkat@HardRockers.com>
CC:
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 18:20:00 -0600
Subject: Re: Re1.0 PROVEN ball python
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Stef,
_
We have contacted the buyer and requested a scanned copy of the returned check, if she fails to provide such within the next few days. WE WILL bann her permantly from ReptiBid.com.
_
As far as the feedback is concerned, our web-tech will try to remove the negative feedback from your name, but the program (software) we use is not enabled to this._It might be possible. We will advise. Thank you.
_
_
Regards,
_
webmaster

Old 05-24-2003, 02:32 AM   #3
HerpVenue
mugoldeneagle@peoplepc.com

Just so you know
Ben has Baranquilla local Colombian boas.

This Ryan guy is selling "Baranquilla locale specific redtails" on Kingsnake.
what is the difference you ask? the ad is "somehwat" misleading.
I was not paying attention and was seriously interested in his animals. That is until someone pointed me out to the fact that TRUE redtails do not originate from Baranquilla.

Anyway I asked the guy if they were captive bred or farmed.

He says they are captive bred from Ben Suigel's Baranquilla facility. Wanna know what that means? It means they are really farmed. Either this guy does not know the difference or he will say anything to make a sale.

I guess that is also why he is charging double the price as Ben.
Because Ben's arre colombian...while ryan's are "locale specific redtails"

Old 05-24-2003, 11:44 AM   #4
dblhet
Those are indead farm raised Baranquillas from Ben seigel,because ,i bought them from Ben,and Ryan bought them from me!!..I would have to assume they are anyway,considering he is using my pic's in his ad!!
I had them on reptibid also..the reserve was not met,but we worked out a deal off auction...He did paypal...although not for that kind of money!!

Old 05-26-2003, 06:21 PM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
GOODBYE RYAN NEUBAUER!

From: "webmaster" <webmaster@reptilianclassifieds.com> Save Address | Headers
To: <blckkat@HardRockers.com>
CC:
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 16:07:29 -0600
Subject: Re: user ban
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Stef,
_
After you receive this message user Mueagle will be permanently banned from our auction site. She never replied. In addition, we are conctating the maker of our auction software for a solution to the false feedback problem. We will keep you updated. Thank you.
_
_
Regards,
_
_
Webmaster

Old 06-02-2003, 10:29 AM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
He's back!

Trying to sell under wireptiles on reptibid. Useing someone elses pics! What a great guyl...

Webmaster has been notified!

Old 06-02-2003, 03:52 PM   #7
Dennis Gulla
Heads up......You should really change your signiture so that it automatically diplays your full name with every post. You forgot to include your first and last name with a couple of posts within this thread. The webslave may delete all of the posts that do not include your full name.

Old 06-02-2003, 05:15 PM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
I don't see why I need to do that considering in the original post my name is stated there, and it's not like I changed usernames.

Old 06-02-2003, 05:17 PM   #9
ms_terese
Quote:
I don't see why I need to do that considering in the original post my name is stated there, and it's not like I changed usernames.
Because not everyone reads entire threads, and may not want to search back through a thread to figure out who is posting.

Besides, dem's da rules!

Old 06-03-2003, 06:10 PM   #10
mueagle
Thumbs down Stephanie Kunder

Quote:
Message deleted - violation of FULL NAME rule

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!