Repticon - Orlando, 10/21-10/22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:43 PM   #1
NathanLedet
Repticon - Orlando, 10/21-10/22

http://www.repticon.com/orlando/

Featuring reptile and amphibian breeders and
wholesalers, reptile pet products and supplies,
educational seminars and exhibits, and fun-filled
activities for the entire family!

Saturday: 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am-4:00pm

Admission:
$7.00 - Adults
$5.00 - Children (5-12)
Four and under FREE!

I will see you guys there

Old 10-21-2006, 10:52 PM   #2
kellysballs
Is there a way to see who the venders at this show where?

Old 10-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
Wolfy-hound
IF I was slightly more energetic, I'd drive down, I overlooked this one. But I'm too danged tired.
Wolfy

Old 10-22-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
NathanLedet
you didn't miss much. Repticon is a small show...if you're local then it's nice to go by and see a small show. F.I.R.E.xpo will be worth the drive for you.

Old 10-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
kellysballs
I would not waste my money or time at this one. Some of the herps where nasty. I have emailed repticon and hopefully I will get a response back.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:56 PM   #6
Repticon
Kelly,

From what I can tell from your e-mail, the main vendor that you're referring to is Brian Conley. Some of Brian's animals are wild-caught imports, but he is always very up-front with his customers about the origin and potential health challenges of animals that he has just acquired. All of Brian's wild-caught animals were very clearly marked as such.

Of course, it is never our goal to have vendors offering animals that are not healthy, and offering unhealthy animals for sale is a violation of our vendor rules. If you had chosen to mention these issues to any of our staff at the show, we could have dealt with any unhealthy animals that you spotted. (All six of our staff members were wearing bright yellow shirts with the word "staff" printed on the back of them to make us easy to locate.)

I appreciate your feedback, but an e-mail after the show is not very helpful in actually dealing with any problems. We are always willing to try to help our guests or our vendors have a better experience if they approach us with their concerns.

Thanks for making it to the show, and I'm sorry that you're experience didn't meet your expectations. We'll be back in Orlando in February, and we'll make sure to take a very close look at the animals offered by those vendors who often offer imports.

If anyone sees any animals at ANY of our shows that they feel should not be offered for sale, don't be shy - let one of us know and we'll deal with the issue immediately.

Billy Healy
www.Repticon.com
www.ReptileandExoticAnimalShow.com
(407) 230-7217

Old 10-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #7
kellysballs
I apologize for taking so long to respond, I did not realize you had responded to my thread. I was checking my emails daily for your response. I have no idea who the dealer was which is why I asked you for a list of the vender's at the show. All the other shows I have been to had table layouts and a list of vendors and what tables they were at. I know who your staff members were, I saw them, however because it was more than one vendor that had unhealthy or dirty animals I figured they were aware. It was no secret. The merchants weren't dealing out of back rooms. I did not post my email for all to see because there were some breeders there who I am familiar with and have seen at other shows. I am just sorry that they had the misfortune to be at that one. The vendor with the last animal I mentioned said nothing about any of the animals that they had for sale being wild caught. In fact of all the vendors I spoke with not a one said anything about any of their animals being wild caught. Also I can read and I saw no sign on any animal or cage or table or brochure or anything about wild caught animals.

I originally emailed you on Saturday night. I was under the impression that the show was 2 days long. I would have called but there was no contact information on your brochure that was handed out at the show. Or that I could find on the web site. I appreciate that you responded at all. I just wish that I could feel assured that this was a one time incident but I don't think so. So I will not be attending another Repticon show.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!