Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #191
Amelanistic Orca
Multiple names Potts=crybaby, negligent shipper, and thief..

Old 04-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #192
Willow
You know this whole situation is very similar to the gigantic racial war that is being started by the media. Take facts away and jump on the "blackmail" band wagon like that is a good enough excuse to commit a crime yourself. Having some random 3rd party send you stupid emails is NOT a good excuse to STEAL SOMEONES MONEY!!! (which is effectively what holding the refund actually is)

There is no excuse for holding the money. The animal is dead, and its obvious why, the OP (as far as anyone can PROVE) was not involved in the "blackmail" part of this situation.

The seller even admits he shipped for colder weather, which was not the case that day. it was a HOT day, with 2 heat packs....that is a home made tomb for any snake...He says there is "a slight change it arrived alive"

a slight chance isn't good enough to hold the refund....it's MUCH more likely it died due to over heating, a SLIGHT chance it arrived alive is not a good reason to steal someone's money.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #193
Keys & Kritterz
An hour of my life gone by. I think theres a lot of faults here on both sides. Kenin, if it wasn't for your 2 buddies I'm sure you would already have your refund by now. If these other guys are such big breeders why do they need this other guy (Kevin) for a partner and have to give up profit to him? If Kevin is legit I think he learned a lesson about sharing your business with others. I also think this saved Kevin from gettin scammed by his two "partners." Id bet my last dime he would not have gotten the money he deserved for the litters his mail would have produced. A newbie & 2 pro scammers for a business group. Kevin, I know this sucks but IMO the other 2 screwed you out of getting anything.

As far as Andrew goes, yes the snake more then likely died in transit due to the 2 heat packs. I would say minus all the other issues Kevin would get a refund or replacement animal. When the other guys chimed in an tried blackmailing me, and Kevin stating before they were "partners", I wouldn't deal with any of you three.

If everyone wants to ad Andrew to their "do not buy list" thats your choice. 95% of the people in the herp community would not be buying this snake, unless it was tax season. Is he being greedy? The guy has snakes worth more then my truck why would he need to be greedy? A group of business partners attempted to scam him, then one partner backs out to work on his own?

Its a lose/lose situation for everyone. Now Kevin could try to take Andrew to court and would have a chance of getting his $4600 back. He also could take a $1,000 trip to Florida and come home empty handed. If that did work, Andrew could sue Griffis for blackmailing and get his $4600 right back.....possibly. But until then, its tire spinning

Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #194
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
I've got to say, Tom, that I'm pretty surprised that you're letting Sean off the hook so easily with the explanation that you had a good transaction with him 6-8 yrs ago....and because he was pissed. Really? You're letting him off with that lame a$$ apology because you sold him a boa once? I'm in agreement that Andrew needs to step up with a refund or replacement animal...but I think you're way off base on Sean.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #195
Keys & Kritterz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
woooow, bad blood? bad taste in your mouth? isnt name calling against the rules? Not sure why your so bent out of shape

Old 04-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #196
Baileykm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraman1 View Post
You would be surprised at some of the people on here that go by many different names. Being a marine or ex-marine, you should know never to take pictures of a CAC card and post it, especially if its expired.
Being a Marine with a Secret Clearance that allowed me to view satellite communications, GPS, and aviation communications I have never heard of not taking a picture of you CAC card. I am sure that is probably a rule somewhere do not act like it is on your friday safety brief.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #197
Willow
Does attempted "blackmail" from a 3rd party give legal right to the seller to hold the OP's money?

I'm not asking for opinions, or what anyone else would do in this situation, because NONE of that actually matters.

I'm asking

legally

Old 04-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #198
leftycrane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys & Kritterz View Post

If everyone wants to ad Andrew to their "do not buy list" thats your choice. 95% of the people in the herp community would not be buying this snake, unless it was tax season. Is he being greedy? The guy has snakes worth more then my truck why would he need to be greedy? A group of business partners attempted to scam him, then one partner backs out to work on his own?
just because a snake is worth $10,000 doesnt mean someone is going to pay him that much money. Especially when they see something like this. Who is going to pay that kind of money if they dont have the faith he will do the right thing for them?
I do strongly feel that both sides were wrong. I do not know either party, I just feel that not returning the money or a different snake is completely unethical regardless of the situation. You screwed up and the snake died due to your incompetence. YOU NEED TO MAKE IT RIGHT.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #199
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraman1 View Post
...All in all I 100% understand why Andrew is hesitant to send a replacement or a refund. It all seems very shady at the least.
Interesting take on things. You stand firmly against blackmail, but outright theft is cool with you. While it may be very enlightening to anyone who reads your posts with the intent of gauging your own integrity, or lack thereof, it's not particularly relevant to the topic at hand.

In the simplest terms: the buyer paid for an item that arrived severely broken and the seller is shirking his duty to rectify what he admitted was his own mistake. The actions of characters whose relationship is tangential, at best, absolutely should not be an acceptable justification for withholding what's due to the main principal involved, the guy that actually handed over the money for the dead snake. I believe anything beyond this is completely moot and serves no purpose other than creating lame rationalizations for the seller to justify keeping money received for a product that he ultimately didn't provide in what could sensibly be called a satisfactory condition.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #200
Willow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Interesting take on things. You stand firmly against blackmail, but outright theft is cool with you. While it may be very enlightening to anyone who reads your posts with the intent of gauging your own integrity, or lack thereof, it's not particularly relevant to the topic at hand.

In the simplest terms: the buyer paid for an item that arrived severely broken and the seller is shirking his duty to rectify what he admitted was his own mistake. The actions of characters whose relationship is tangential, at best, absolutely should not be an acceptable justification for withholding what's due to the main principal involved, the guy that actually handed over the money for the dead snake. I believe anything beyond this is completely moot and serves no purpose other than creating lame rationalizations for the seller to justify keeping money received for a product that he ultimately didn't provide in what could sensibly be called a satisfactory condition.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!