AHP Exotics. Buyer Beware!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-22-2003, 05:44 PM   #1
TimCoplan
Angry AHP Exotics. Buyer Beware!!!!!

Hey everyone, I would like to let you know that this guy is posting a neo gtp for sale with a prolapse. He is not advertising the prolapse and was prob unaware that it had one until I emailed him. When he received my email a new add came up with the same pic but with the prolapse erased. He could have used photoshop or paint to do this.
This is wrong. Someone might not know what it is and buy the snake and then it dies. Anyone who hides something like that is a crook. I would advise you to stay away from them. I have never done buisness with them, but seeing that they erase a obvious prolapse is horrible. They have deleted there previous posts but I have saved the pics from them.

I have a picture of the snake with the prolapse, here it is
the prolapse is circled!

I will post the picture that he altered so that it looks like there is no prolapse, notice the little line where he didnt erase it completely.

Tim Coplan

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=33&de=93867

Old 05-22-2003, 05:54 PM   #2
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Tim, I saw that ad as well before the "alteration."

That is a pretty crass thing to do. I definitely know where I WON'T be buying any chondros from(but I'm picky anyway, so the list I won't buy from is actually pretty big, lol).

Old 05-22-2003, 05:56 PM   #3
TimCoplan
Thumbs down wheres the prolapse?

Here is the pic that showed up on ks after I emailed him about the prolapse. Same exact pic, just the prolapse is missing. HMM

Old 05-22-2003, 06:21 PM   #4
ScottsReptiles
If you zoom 4x into each image.. you can see where the prolapse has been color matched and blurred out.

A really bad job at in IMHO as well.

Old 05-22-2003, 07:09 PM   #5
TimCoplan
Yea I zoomed in too just to make sure I wasnt seeing things.

http://cgiapps.aplushosting.com/~cor...=ST;f=1;t=1703

here is a link to some more information regarding this matter.

Old 05-23-2003, 11:47 AM   #6
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
The sad thing is I just remembered who these people were.

They are local boys in GA that up until now, I've always had a good opinion of. I've talked to the owner of the shop several times in person and seen the animals they bring out to herp displays and herp shows, and they've always got good healthy looking animals. I haven't made it to the shop yet, but I understand they recently hired someone that, at least around here, has a less than solid reputation, and maybe it was that employee's doing, and maybe not.

But knowingly going into a photo editing program and erasing a prolapse from a picture to continue trying to sell the snake is absolutely ridiculous no matter who does it, though.

Has anyone notified Animal House about this thread? If not I will do so myself.

Old 05-23-2003, 11:54 AM   #7
sputnik
That is a lowlife tactic (altering the pic) and can only be done by a LOWLIFE!

What a scum bag doing that to get a sale!

Old 05-23-2003, 12:32 PM   #8
Randy Bennett
Prolapsed gtp

Way to go Tim.You are very observant and might have saved
some innocent buyer $400.Even if the sellers didn't notice
the prolapse before,which I find hard to believe,to
digitally erase it and repost the ad is inexcusable and
completely disgusting.This is a perfect example of how this
board of inquiry can expose
the bad and the ugly who really only care about making a buck.I would love to hear what this company has to say about this,although what can they say.This is why people
should support the good people
who really care about their
animals first and foremost,and
run the crooks and scammers
out of business.Hopefully
many people will see this thread and when they see this company advertise on kingsnake
or wherever,they will run like
H***.There are too many honest
sellers out there who truly
care about their animals.I
for one will never forget
this company and their
unforgivable disregard for a
living animal and greed.I
noticed they have removed the ad.Hopefully they will seek
vet care for the snake.Buyer beware!
Way to go Tim!

Old 05-23-2003, 12:38 PM   #9
Darin Chappell
Nice catch, Tim! Thanks for pointing out another bad guy from whom to steer clear!!

Old 05-24-2003, 10:26 AM   #10
Tom Burns
Nice catch indeed, Tim! This thread should remain at the top of the page so more folks can read it. I don't need to zoom in on the pic to see what's going on here. The low life scum bags from AHP Exotics are to be avoided at all costs!

Tom Burns
Upper End Exotics

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!