Bad Guy Andre Mondin - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:54 PM   #101
ranarussell
Lucille do you sell high end snakes that need to be brought to a vet within the first 45 days? If so i have no problem with you not dealing with me

Old 11-22-2017, 05:29 PM   #102
Roscoe09
I think better measures could’ve been taken on both sides.
Russel-
Did he give you his feeding schedule? If not, next time maybe ask for it.
Don’t ship an animal without an agreement.
Should make a contract next time with the seller. So it’s fair for you and him.
Andre:
You shouldn’t keep the animal and money. Give one back.
The OP shows way more integrity than you with trying to fix the problem.
Wish you guys luck.
Happy Holidays!!

Old 11-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #103
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranarussell View Post
Lucille do you sell high end snakes that need to be brought to a vet within the first 45 days? If so i have no problem with you not dealing with me
You are deflecting by bringing me into this.
If you think snakes hardly eating for a couple months ain't no big thang, that they might just be settling in, then you did not need to return them.
If on the other hand you think that there is something seriously wrong with a snake that eats only twice in two months, serious enough to reverse a transaction, you should have brought is to the vet. You yourself say there was no affordability problem.
You can't have your cake and eat it too, if you thought it was that bad, especially if you planned to put it in a box and ship it, a vet visit was in order.

Of course, unless there was no feeding problem to begin with and the ruckus was just a made up justification for buyer's remorse.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:56 PM   #104
ranarussell
Lucille i do not share your opinion. If a snake is sold as a great feeder than it should be just that. Thats all there is to it. You may want to come up with alternate scenarios but that really is the case. We are going to have to agree to disagree and move on. Happy Thanksgiving

Old 11-22-2017, 08:56 PM   #105
JCCS
As everyone has said, Andre has no justification in keeping the snake and your money, but objectively, you have been a giant pain of a customer. You seem to believe that chondros are corn snakes. Heck, your behavior trying to get the snake to feed would be extremely aggressive even if it was a cornsnake and I'm surprised the snake ate twice in the two months with your description of feeding efforts. You would think that someone spending large amounts of money on relatively fragile animals would know that pushing food on them multiple times a week in this manner is just asking for feeding issues. You should have waited at minimum a week to introduce food period (two weeks would be much better). My next question, what time of day did you typically try to feed the animal? And one question out of pure curiosity. Why did you not follow his instructions?

Old 11-22-2017, 09:42 PM   #106
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If on the other hand you think that there is something seriously wrong with a snake that eats only twice in two months, serious enough to reverse a transaction, you should have brought is to the vet. You yourself say there was no affordability problem.
You can't have your cake and eat it too, if you thought it was that bad, especially if you planned to put it in a box and ship it, a vet visit was in order.
What in the world is "a vet" going to do other than shoot it up with sub-cutaneous fluid and advocate force feeding......unless of course it was a vet that was well versed in proper GTP husbandry, and those are few and far between. I acquired a group of animals that have been very problematic feeders from day one.....patience and persistence is the solution, not a stressful visit to a random vet.

Having said that, yes, it seems like Russell pushed too hard despite his prior experience. It also seems that Andre has the snake and half the money. Looks like we're all on the same page as far as that's concerned.....I think.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:45 PM   #107
ranarussell
Other gtp's i have

I have raised all 3 of these snakes from neo's. I am aware to feed at night and even use chick down if need be. I have raised these snakes to adults and although i am just a hobbyist i am not completely in experienced. I appreciate the scrutiny but give me a little credit.
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2017, 09:56 PM   #108
JCCS
You still didn't answer the main question of my post. Why did you not follow the directions given to you by the seller?

Old 11-22-2017, 09:56 PM   #109
Helenthereef
In my opinion it's been pretty well established that maybe the snake's eating issues weren't handled the best way possible, but that the snake is now back with the seller and doing fine.

In that case maybe it's time to let go of the husbandry argument and concentrate on the still current issue of the repayment?

Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 PM   #110
ranarussell
I posted the pic to show i know how to feed gtp's if i wait 10 days instead of 14 days that is not the reason a snake ate 2 times in 2 months. Follow his instructions is not the reason that a snake is not a great feeder as advertised. I manage to feed my other 45 snakes just fine

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!