Bad Guy AJ Dooley graphic design - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
Vienna
Here is more evidence of her stealing the image and claiming it as her own.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
aSnakeLovinBabe
All of my current income is artwork, and only my artwork. If someone did something like this to me and thought they could get away with it... I'd virtually have their head on a silver platter! This is ridiculous! It makes me so angry just thinking about it!

Old 06-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
aSnakeLovinBabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
All of my current income is artwork, and only my artwork. If someone did something like this to me and thought they could get away with it... I'd virtually have their head on a silver platter! This is ridiculous! It makes me so angry just thinking about it!
I should probably clarify for those who take everything literally that this doesn't meant I would literally put their head on a silver plate. It's an expression for... I would blow their reputation clear our of the water.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #14
Vienna
I am furious on so many levels. I am furious for the artist, for myself as the owner of the work and for the people who bought into this scam.

She charged people for work that wasn't hers. She claimed she created it as vector art. She claimed she produced it from a photo. She freaking posted it for more income on cafepress.

Now I also feel awful for Candice and Ashton who paid for this work. Now they are out whatever they paid for the banner AND any supplies they created with those artworks.

AND since it has taken me a good 5 months to catch on, they have lost some business recognition. This is hard to achieve.

This woman owes some money to some people at the least.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #15
Crestedlovely
Wow, this is pretty low. I feel terrible for you Ashton, what a shock that must have been. I hope you get some kind of restitution out of this.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #16
aSnakeLovinBabe
fortunately I do sculpture work so someone would have a pretty hard time just stealing my art and claiming it as their own. but wow... I can't even begin to say how angry this makes me.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #17
meowmeowkazoo
First of all I want to apologize again to the OP for accusing her of stealing this artwork. I was very upset because the original artist is a close friend of mine.

Secondly, I am beyond furious at this AJ Dooley person. Sinking to the depths of stealing artwork, then selling it to unsuspecting customers as original work.

She should DEFINITELY be refunding you whatever you paid her. I wish there was a way to find out what profit she has made from Cafe Press too, so that those funds could be turned over to the REAL artist. Maybe they can be contacted for help with that.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #18
Styx
I am the original artist and I never gave AJ Dooley permission to use any of my artwork for any purpose ever. The only person that has legal permission to use that gecko art is Maryanne. I contacted them via e-mail last night asking they remove the work from their website, which seems to have been taken down thankfully. The Cafepress store is still up, but I have contacte Cafepress to have my work removed.

AJ Dooley has stolen not only from Ashton, but myself, Maryanne, and who knows how many other people using my artwork.

This is a screencap from their website that has since been taken down, to show they are indeed the owner of said website:

This is their gallery, I have highlighted the stolen gecko thumbnails.

And, as if anyone needed any more proof, here is the stolen artwork from AJ Dooley and you can see my original coloring under their peach tinting.

It's terrible that AJ Dooley has been using my artwork, that I have spent hours upon hours on, and a lifetime refining the skills I use on my work, to scam people like Ashton. I hope this BOI enables everyone to avoid purchasing stolen artwork from her in the future.

-Parker

Old 06-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #19
Saille
There is the issue of jurisdiction especially as the thief might not live in the same state as well as these stolen pieces being sold via online, but is there a way to press charges against the thief (AJ Dooley)? Pretty low if you ask me, I hope they get busted and pay people back the money owed. Stealing art is vile. Can the folks who paid her get refunded by disputing her charges as selling stolen goods?

Old 06-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #20
pookiebuttons
Wow Ashton I am so sorry this happened. This is a terrible place to be in. Especially after you spent money on business cards and banners and such.. geeze. I hope everything works out and you get your money back.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!