Fed Ex being late consistently. SYR insurance? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:26 PM   #11
robyn@Pro Exotics
Yes, folks get refunds for 1 and 2 minutes late all the time, but that what insurance is for : )

I can't say that I don't cringe when it hits particularly hard. Sometimes a breeder will ship a huge box, $175 or something, with $2.50 insurance, and FedEx delivery gets it there at 10:38am. Then i get to refund $175.

Friggin FedEx! : )

Old 03-25-2015, 08:55 PM   #12
allreptiles1966
Yea,that's a bit tough! I can't say I'd want to deal with that type of person on a continual basis. It could be costly to you. But I do understand you can't just do that.

On a side note. Robyn and SYR are excellent people. Got an issue resolved very quickly for me. It's nice to get customer service like they provide!

Old 03-26-2015, 04:00 PM   #13
gila7150
If you guys have a Fed Ex hub within driving distance I highly recommend having your package held for pick-up. I do this every time and I've never had a delay. My Fed Ex hub opens at 9am and I'm waiting at the door to receive my reptile. I know this isn't an option for everyone but it decreases the chance of mistakes and driver delays.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:33 PM   #14
robyn@Pro Exotics
Shipping to the hub for pickup is pretty common, yes, and makes the package available for pickup first thing. However, the package can still be late, for instance if it misses a flight connection, there is a delay at the hub (weather or mechanical for instance), misroute, etc.

Shipping to the hub does take one variable out of the equation, going on the truck and out for delivery.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:52 PM   #15
Charis
I also prefer shipping to the hub as well. However, I shipped one package last night and made sure it went to the hub because FedEx has been sucking of late and this one they managed to leave in Memphis all day because the plane was delayed. It's supposed to get there tomorrow now.
I did ship another one to a residence yesterday and that one the truck broke down nearly to the house and was 55 minutes late. Shipped 3 packages yesterday and only one made it there on time, that one was also hold for pickup but was within the same state and only 3 1/2 hours away from me, so I'd have been very unimpressed if they'd managed to be late with that one too!

I do love using SYR though just to be able to contact someone there, who knows exactly who to call to find out what's going on with a package at FedEx and not have to figure that out myself!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn@Pro Exotics View Post
Yes, folks get refunds for 1 and 2 minutes late all the time, but that what insurance is for : )
that's crazy... I can't imagine making a claim for such a miniscule amount of time delay. A few hours, sure but a few minutes? Wow, that just seems kinda petty.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:16 PM   #17
Charis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
that's crazy... I can't imagine making a claim for such a miniscule amount of time delay. A few hours, sure but a few minutes? Wow, that just seems kinda petty.
Indeed!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:32 PM   #18
robyn@Pro Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Not for the folks that get their $75 refunded : )

Old 03-26-2015, 05:50 PM   #19
Jay Sommers Reptiles
I'm sure fedex comes out ahead in the end with all the insurance they collect and dont have to refund on. If they didn't I am quite sure they wouldn't offer the insurance or the guarantee!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:51 PM   #20
AbsoluteApril
well yes Robyn I guess haha, but then if SYR starts losing too much paying out claims, you'll have to raise the rates for everyone which no one wants.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!