what's the "right" way to make a killerbee? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
stevek123
what's the "right" way to make a killerbee?

Is there a wrong way? Spider X Pastel = bumble bee......Bumble bee x pastel = killer bee or super pastel X spider = killer bee.? or do I have the genetics wrong?

Old 11-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
hhmoore
super pastel x spider will not produce a killer bee

Old 11-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
CornNut
Yes, since each parent can only give one copy of each gene (like the gene at the pastel location) they both have to have the pastel mutation for the baby to get two copies and be a homozygous (aka "super") pastel. So for killer bee you need pastel on both sides and spider on at least one so at least one parent has to be at least a bumblebee (or bumblebee + something is possible these days).

Your best odds would probably be super pastel X killer bee with 50% killer bee odds per egg.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
Mike P.
Like Randy said - A bumblebee is neccessary in the making of a killerbee - Possible outcome from bumblebee x pastel pairing is killerbee, bumblebee, super pastel, pastel, spider, and normals...

Throw a super pastel x bumblee pairing and all offspring at the very least are pastel - possible outcome from this pairing is killerbee, bumblebee, super pastel, and pastel...

Old 11-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
stevek123
OK i think I got it .....so a spider and a super pastel will give me 50% bumblebees and 50% pastels, and no killer bees?

Old 11-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #6
Mike P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek123 View Post
OK i think I got it .....so a spider and a super pastel will give me 50% bumblebees and 50% pastels, and no killer bees?
That's Correct...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!