Need advice on a deadbeat bidder - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 07-03-2005, 02:46 PM   #1
VandeverExotics
Need advice on a deadbeat bidder

I have placed a bid on a snake that I would like to have on Reptibid. Unfortunately, I was outbid. I don't mind bidding more, but the person that outbid me is a very deadbeat bidder, judging by their feedback. Any ideas on how to purchase this snake, as I am certain this bidder will not pay. I don't want to bid if the opposition is just going to run up the tab and not pay. Just my opinion.

Thanks,
Charles Vandever
VandeverExotics

Old 07-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #2
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandeverExotics
I have placed a bid on a snake that I would like to have on Reptibid. Unfortunately, I was outbid. I don't mind bidding more, but the person that outbid me is a very deadbeat bidder, judging by their feedback. Any ideas on how to purchase this snake, as I am certain this bidder will not pay. I don't want to bid if the opposition is just going to run up the tab and not pay. Just my opinion.

Thanks,
Charles Vandever
VandeverExotics
Well, you could just let the person win and hope that they don't pay, and hopefully the seller will automatically default it to you. Don't know if that is the way of doing things in reptibid or not, some auctions do that.
Still you gotta wonder why this person is still able to place bids if they are such a deadbeat person. I don't use reptibid, but if I did and someone like that bid, I would delete them or disqualify them, for the very reason of your post, it will turn off other bidders and then you end up with no payer.
If not the first option, maybe you could shoot the person an e-mail pointing out the persons "standing" and that maybe the person might think about deleting the bid, because there are serious bidders such as yourself, who are reluctant to bid behind the person.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
reptilebreeder
p.s. this thread may get deleted. Being the BOI it needs a specific name and comment ie. good, bad, inquiry....etc in the title. Since it's "generic" it should be in general business discussions or similar forum.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:53 PM   #4
VandeverExotics
Thanks for the heads up. I have received my warning a few minutes ago. I guess I need to read the rules more carefully in the future. Thanks.

Charles Vandever
VandeverExotics

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!