Help! Sick Fischer's Chameleon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-20-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
kellygirl
Help! Sick Fischer's Chameleon

Help, my dad's subadult Fischer's chameleon is really sick!

A few days ago, he stopped opening one of his eyes. Now he won't open either one and is extremely lethargic and keeping going to the bottom of the cage. He's pretty much staying in the lime green color he turns when he sleeps all the time now. At first I thought he might be sleepwalking but now I know he can't open his eyes at all.

I took him out and tried to open his mouth. I had to pry it open and found a greyish pink color rather than the reddish pink it used to be. Before, if I were to pick the chameleon up too abruptly or disrupt him in some way, he wouldn't hesitate to open his mouth up.

Just last week he was healthy and all over his cage, had lots of energy. Now I think he's dying and we can't find anything about it in the books we have. Please help us if you are able. We don't know what else to do and I don't think there are any vets nearby specializing in exotics. We don't want him to suffer...

-Kelly

Old 07-22-2005, 12:49 PM   #2
Chris Anderson
The first thing is you need to try to find a vet. Here is a directory you can look at: http://www.arav.org/USMembers.htm

You'll want to make sure the chameleon is well hydrated. If you place a plant in your shower and direct a soft, luke warm spray on half the plant and leave the cham on the plant for a half hour or so, this might help. If you can't get a soft spray in your shower, you can bounce the spray off the shower wall so the water is hitting the plant softer. Definately seek vet help though.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!