Moderaotr out of control - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
bogiehunter85
Moderaotr out of control

Who or how does a member make a formal complaint against a moderator without getting warning points or kicked off for making the complaint ? Are there any checks on moderaotrs who abuse thier position on Fauna ? It is my understanding that anyone with $50 can become a moderator.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:55 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
If anyone is abusing the system, it would be pretty obvious by looking at ones warning points. and then they would be hit for abusing said system. Might i ask where the abuse you want to report is being seen?

Old 11-25-2007, 12:06 AM   #3
hhmoore
Check his warnings, Moo, apparently he doesn't like the fact that Ken issued a couple warnings for his violations....unless his beef is with a moderator picking on somebody else?
Name names ________________

Old 11-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #4
Ed Clark
Michael, there are rules to abide by on this site. if you recieved 2 warnings from Ken...you damn well deserved it!

Old 11-25-2007, 12:41 AM   #5
Ken Harbart
No. he's miffed about warnings that he received for 1) Posting implied threats, and 2) posting anonymous third party information on the BOI. Bogiehunter85 apparently feels that since the individuals were named elsewhere on the BOI that he is somehow exempt from abiding by that rule.

The last I checked, Bogiehunter, my job is to ensure that members, such as yourself, abide by the rules. If you don't want to receive warning points, then man up and don't break the rules.

Also, I assume that you're upset that I questioned where exactly you're located. You list your location as St. Paul, but you're using a dial-up IP from a Chicago pool. The last I checked, there was some 350 miles separating the two cities. Needless to say, that, along with a few other inconsistencies, piques my curiosity.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:00 AM   #6
Ken Harbart
So people can see it in one place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogiehunter85
There are a LOT of people looking for this guy, so if you know him or have current contact info on him - POST IT HERE so those of us who have been stung by him can visit him up close and personal !
Implied threat.

Quote:
I know of five people LAWRENCE/LARRY HONAN has flat out RIPPED OFF !

Since they are posted at various places, I will not post thier names.
Anonymous third party information. As I stated in the warning issued to you, I don't care if they're named elsewhere- you need to name them in your post. It's so simple, a caveman could do it.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:05 AM   #7
Jim O
I'm guessing he's in neither Chicago nor St Paul, but rather using a long distance dial up number out of somewhere else. But that would just be a guess.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:01 AM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Who or how does a member make a formal complaint against a moderator without getting warning points or kicked off for making the complaint ? Are there any checks on moderaotrs who abuse thier position on Fauna ? It is my understanding that anyone with $50 can become a moderator.
Anyone can file a complaint, and probably this forum as as good a place as any.

But I suggest you have your ducks all in a row before taking on Ken with such accusations. You will have a tough case ahead of you trying to prove that he was in the wrong.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:48 AM   #9
christopher66
Thought his name looked familiar.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ight=duckworth

His last use of that account was two days ago.

Chris

Old 11-25-2007, 07:46 AM   #10
hhmoore
So, are you suggesting/claiming that Michael and Dan are the same person? Based upon what information?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!