Let's rate the best plastic cages on the market... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

View Poll Results: Who makes better Plastic Cages???
BARRS 18 9.94%
Boaphile Plastics 47 25.97%
Vision 44 24.31%
Other 72 39.78%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2003, 01:39 PM   #1
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Let's rate the best plastic cages on the market...

Let's get this forum started...

I know that everyone uses a myriad of different cages to house their collections, but I was curious as to everyone's thoughts on the many plastic cage companies out on the market now.

I know everyone's got their opinions of which ones are better and why, so why not see how everyone votes and what their reasons for liking that brand is(these are just opinions, so no fighting or nastiness folks as no matter what, there should be NO wrong answers here). This is by no means all inclusive, but I am just putting up the more famous companies and if you have another company I didn't mention, vote "Other" and specify who they are and why you like them.

For me, I chose the BARRS cages. I have been using them for years and I personally think that for the money, there isn't a better plastic cage around. They're very durable and lightweight, and if set up right, the larger models can make attractive show cages in my opinion.

Thanks!

Old 01-22-2003, 10:32 PM   #2
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Vision

I voted Vision as it is the only one of the "Brand name" enclosures I have. All of my others are glass tanks or home-made jobs.

I have two vision #211 and I am very happy with both. They stack nice, look okay, are economical on space and the pocket book. (they actually are the two most expensive tanks I own, which is why I only own two, but for a nice stackable and lockable tank as these, $95 for the vision #211 is reasonable)

Old 01-27-2003, 05:40 PM   #3
BrianB
I think you left off two good companies: Precision Caging and Habitat Systems.

The only plastic I currently have are three Neodeshas, which I like. The next small cage I get will probably be the Barrs 24x12x12 since it's got a reasonable price. When I buy adult cages for my boas, I'll very likely look into the boaphile plastics cages with the shelf. I also like the bottom-hinged doors better than the track-mounted sliding doors in the visions.

Old 01-30-2003, 01:24 PM   #4
Mark Schmidtke
Thumbs up I vote Boaphile racks.

I now have 8 boaphile racks and I love them. To be fair I haven't used any of the other cages that you mention, but I did a lot of research before plunking down my money. Since I am just a hobbyist, I consider the money spent on the total number of boaphile racks to be a LOT and I wanted to make sure I got my moneys worth. So, I took a lot of things into consideration including ease of cleaning, an ENCLOSED heat source, stackability, sizes, price and even color. I'm currently keeping a diverse number of animals in the racks. Mostly colubrids, but also Small ball pythons and even 4 boxes full of leopard geckos. So far, I've been very happy with my purchase.

Mark

Old 08-20-2004, 10:24 PM   #5
geckosurfer
Boaphile Plastics

We researched and narrowed it down to two: AP & Boaphile. We opted for the MN company (support your state business!) and have been thrilled with our racks. They were great to deal with and the racks are easy to maintain. We have five 221 cages and a 20 Drawer Shoe Box Rack. Our only regret is we didn't order more this year!

Julie

Old 08-21-2004, 07:59 PM   #6
sumguy
I voted other. Only have an AP T10 cage. It is heavy but will probably last forever. They have even more options now and customer service is excellent. Never dealt with other companies so can't comment on their merchandise.

Old 09-12-2004, 11:49 PM   #7
MGReptiles
I am going to have to say Animal Plastics. I just ordered my first Boaphile rack so the jury is still out on them...
-matt

Old 09-24-2004, 01:07 PM   #8
MGReptiles
Cancelled the boaphile order and went with www.naturesspirit.com casey and darla are good peoples...They answered all me question and then soem. Excellent transaction.
-Matt

Old 10-10-2004, 04:53 PM   #9
Sand&SunReptile
I believe the site is www.nsreptiles.com not www.naturesspirit.com
I also voted other, because the only plastic I have is a rack, from Casey and Darla Hulse.
Great, reliable people, with a great reliable product.
Pricing is great, and the products are even better.
I won't consider buying elsewhere, unless there is something I need they dont offer, which would be hard to find, because they do custom orders as well.
-Casey, you need to develope a cage product. I'm going to have some things that wont be able to fit in the 41qt, and would love to buy a product from you that has room for adult BCI, and Carpet Pythons (got a coastal that will need a cage soon enough.)

Old 10-12-2004, 09:47 PM   #10
MGReptiles
Yeah thats what I ment
lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!