McDonalds in Spanish!!! WTF? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:15 AM   #1
critical bill
McDonalds in Spanish!!! WTF?

I went out to grab a few things at Walmart the other night and decided I would shoot through the drive through to grab some fast food. I live in Florida but you wouldn't think it. I pull up to the menu to place my order and this is what occurs:

Me: Hello
Clerk: Que pasa. (I think)
Me: WHAT???
Clerk: Si mio da hosa. (again I think)
Me: WHATTTTTTT??????
Clerk: Hello?
Me: Yeah I'm here, give me two #9's and a...(interrupted)
Clerk: Domi e quantro e uno? (I THINK!!)
Me: Are you with me?
Clerk: Hello?

Now...I don't speak Spanish. I got so pissed off that I nailed the gas and pulled up to the window and flipped the out on the guy and I don't know why because I don't think he understood anything I said anyway.

I don't know. I don't think its going to be long before there is a button on the speaker that says press 1 for Spanish and 2 for any other language except English.

I just wanted two Big Mac meal and two kids meals. I had no idea I was required to be bilingual.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
Tim Cole
I can top that!

A friend of mine and his son live in El Paso and had to go to court for something the kid did. They had to get an interpreter that could speak ENGLISH in a USA court! That's just plain wrong!

Old 03-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
richardduckworth
america is all about money, nothing more. money defines your importance to society. since rich, important people aren't being punished for hiring illegal immigrants, they'll continue to do so and it will be worth it to jump the fence and work here illegally, REGARDLESS of the laws that might be in place at the time.

they need to address one thing; illegal hiring of immigrants.

thing is, those rich, important people don't want that, so to make it seem like something is being done, they attack the immigrants.

it's like my 2 year old and how she gets into everything. if i leave stuff out that she can get into, then i consider that my fault, because when things are put up, she simply can't get into them and there is no issue.

but so many dumb "regular folk" are eating it up, "by god, they're increasing border security" or "they're making laws and taller fences". as long as everyone is appeased, there will be no need for change. this country has peaked and is coming down the mountain.............

Old 03-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
SPJ
Hate to tell you this but you live in Kissimmee.
You are now the minority there. It was inevitable that the businesses down there would start catering toward their largest customer base.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:20 PM   #5
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Hate to tell you this but you live in Kissimmee.
You are now the minority there. It was inevitable that the businesses down there would start catering toward their largest customer base.
But you'd think I could find a Taco Bell on every corner, right? And there is only one 10 miles from my house.

The only consolation is that the latino chicks are sooo hot!!! I better watch my roving eye or I might find myself on the wrong end of a box cutter.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
richardduckworth
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
But you'd think I could find a Taco Bell on every corner, right? And there is only one 10 miles from my house.

The only consolation is that the latino chicks are sooo hot!!! I better watch my roving eye or I might find myself on the wrong end of a box cutter.

just walking through any south florida mall is worth the time spent. latinas are freaking awesome. i want one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!