Scarlet king in the pool enclosure... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
WebSlave
Scarlet king in the pool enclosure...

Connie and I were out checking on the pool when she spotted this little guy in the corner of the screen enclosure. This is the first scarlet kingsnake I can recall seeing around here. I think another couple of minutes and he would have been dead. He was hot to the touch and gaping his mouth a bit. It gets very hot in that pool enclosure as there is no cover anywhere. I think we got to him in the nick of time. I sprinkled some water on him to cool him down and allow him to drink a bit. He started flicking his tongue and getting a bit more active, so I'm hoping he is OK. Snapped a few quick pics and then released him out in a garden area we had watered recently. He zipped down under the leaves, so he acted like he was OK.

Been seeing a lot of lizards running around lately. Fence lizards, six-lined race runners, brown back skinks, and green anoles, but this is the first snake (besides black racers) that we have seen recently. Been VERY dry around here, so I guess things are moving around looking for water.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!