Opinions?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-04-2005, 11:58 PM   #1
nydrgnldy
Opinions??

I have a couple of albinos and a couple of patternless.I am wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing as i do.I find the Albinos to be very skittish and not quite so friendly.Not so easy to handle etc.And the patternless to be very laid back much easier to handle an absolute joy to work with.Has anyone else noticed the same.The albinos I have 1 is a trmper and one is a rainwater but both have the same disposition.I find them very nervous animals.
Robin

Old 04-05-2005, 12:19 AM   #2
Manhattan Herps
i have about..17 albinos, maybe more, and each are very laid back, my patty male is as aggressive as some blizards out there, maybe yours have to do with genetics, i think genetics takes a huge part in the temperments of blizzards..

Old 04-05-2005, 12:21 AM   #3
katiem
I have a patternless that is not tame at all, but is also pretty young. He/She backs or runs off even when I'm just putting in dinner!

Old 04-05-2005, 04:06 AM   #4
robin d.
robin i think it all dependws on the particular animal... i have some patternless that are total sweetheart while others are skitish and one female is downright nastey at time... most of my albinos are sweet but some of them are a bit skittish... so to answer, i think it just depends on the particular gecko

Old 04-05-2005, 06:58 AM   #5
nydrgnldy
I was just wondering if it was just the particular animals that I had or all albinos.I had wanted albinos for years but honestly couldn't afford them.So when i finally did get them i had hoped they would tame some.The one I have had sice she was very small.The other one was a rescue from a petstore.Everytime I went in there was never any food in the tank and very rarely water.She wasn't sickly ...Yet so I bought her.I have pictures of when I first got her and pics of her now the difference is amazing when i look at them.I wish I had the scale then.She is now 51 grams and going by looks I would say she was maybe 35 grams when I got her.I did them this year....not to make any money ...at least not this year.Just mainly to see how difficult it is to raise the babies.So hopefully i will end up with a few more albinos and maybe even a tame one.I just found it funy that the patterless(all of them) are very tame and the albinos aren't .The females and the males both.The female is really funny.When i hold her she licks my hand.But I love them all.Wish me luck in getting a few albinos.The patternless male is het for albino.He is the father to all of them....Only thing is I am not sure which type of albino.Hopefully later in the season the other male will be big enough to breed.I know that one is het for Rainwater so that would work out very nice.Thank you all for you answers.
Robin

Old 04-05-2005, 11:25 AM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
All of my albinos are sweet hearts esp my Tremper Giant Albino male, he is a real sweetie!

Old 04-05-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
Iggy189
I have two tremper albinos. One of them is scared of people if she's outside the hide and someone walks in the room she runs as fast as she can to take cover in the hide or inside a coconut hut. While my other tremper is really tame. I have a baby patty I got 3 days ago and he/she doesn't like being held but after a while he/she calms down.

Old 04-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #8
Golden Gate Geckos
pattys & albinos

I agree with Robin that it does depend on the individual gecko, but I have found that as a general rule Patternless morphs are the most laid back, while Blizzards tend to be more skittish. Now, as far as albinos... all of my Trempers are as sweet as they can be. I do have one Patternless that is a booger, while my Blizzards are extremely docile. Go figure...

Old 04-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #9
nydrgnldy
after thinking about this a bit.I think it could also be partially due to incubation temps.I have no idea what temps they were all incubated at.Of my 5 leos I could possibly find out info on 2 of them and both of them would be patternless.the albinos I have no way of contacting on the one that was bought from a breeder as she has since moved.And as I said earlier the other was a petstore rescue.
Robin

Old 04-06-2005, 05:07 PM   #10
mmfrankford
I only wish my patternless was laid back. She is really skittish. I barely see her often outside one of the hides. On the other hand my Tremper albino is totally mellow.
Different personalities I guess.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!