Attention, Dan Wedeking.... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:42 AM   #11
dutchallison00
Not quite three posts a day, every single day, 365 sometimes 366 days a year??? If you loathe the guy, his website, and his forums so much why post on them over five thousand times?? I can't think of anything in this world that I've done five thousand times in five years much less contributed time and energy to someone's forums that I dislike so much... by posting on the same forums! Hell I've only brushed my teeth about 3700 times in the last five years... and I don't even hate my toothbrush!

Old 05-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #12
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchallison00
Not quite three posts a day, every single day, 365 sometimes 366 days a year??? If you loathe the guy, his website, and his forums so much why post on them over five thousand times?? I can't think of anything in this world that I've done five thousand times in five years much less contributed time and energy to someone's forums that I dislike so much... by posting on the same forums! Hell I've only brushed my teeth about 3700 times in the last five years... and I don't even hate my toothbrush!
Where is it said that Wes loathes Rich, the site, or the forums?

Old 05-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #13
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Where is it said that Wes loathes Rich, the site, or the forums?
And even if he does loathe Rich (which I can bet more than a few do), why does that preclude him from liking the site and the forums?

Old 05-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #14
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
The site is still here.

The site is still here yes, but to me it looks like Rich broke the terms of the bet. The whole argument was made on the fact that Rich started making people pay to post on the boi and the question between Rich and Dan was whether or not that pay-to-use policy would possibly cause the downfall of the site or not. Since Rich removed the pay-to-use policy on the BOI long before the time frame of the bet was up, it has screwed up the results. In my opinion, the bet ceased to be a valid one because Rich never allowed it to play out to it's full completion.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...60&page=3&pp=5

Old 05-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #15
Otter_23
Was the discontinuing of the pay to play a result of the decline of participation? If the decision to stop charging was based even partly on the decline of participation or membership then I would think that the intention of the bet was compromised and some could argue in Dan's favor (stating because the site was declining Rich had to get rid of the pay to play to save it).

Personally I don't think the site would have gone under but I do think the bet was compromised and therefore should be a wash.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:29 PM   #16
WebSlave
There were NO stipulations or contingencies stated in the actual wager. If Dan wanted to do so, he could have done so. He simple placed a wager with me that this site would not be here in two years. I bet it would be. Period.

When you bet on a horse in a horse race, there are no stated contingencies at all. It either crosses the finish line first, or it doesn't. Even if a horse breaks a leg during the race, it STILL loses, regardless of WHY. The race isn't nullified because of it.

If I had shut down this site because I just got sick and tired of the bs and having nothing at all to do with anything else, would that have changed the condition of the bet? Nope, not in my opinion. I would have owed Dan that $500 regardless of WHY this site ceased to exist.

Sorry, there is NO wiggle room in this wager. The quotes were posted here to show that there were no conditionals placed on either side for this wager. I offered none, and Dan offered none, so it was a black and white result based wager. Would this site be here or not, two years later. I bet it would be, he bet it wouldn't. PERIOD.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #17
boybronco
WES FOR MOD 2007! :P

Old 05-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #18
Seamus Haley
So... did you attempt to contact Dan before writing a BOI post?

How about communicating a method and date of payment?

I don't often say this Rich, but sticking this thread here, on the day the bet resolved, was pretty crass and classless. It absolutely reeks of juvenile instigation.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #19
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley

I don't often say this Rich, but sticking this thread here, on the day the bet resolved, was pretty crass and classless. It absolutely reeks of juvenile instigation.
Fantastic post and dead on.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #20
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley

Does the topic line say [BAD GUY], Seamus? Maybe you are just jumping to assumptions about things. This is a public NOTICE for anyone now in contact with Dan to remind him of this bet. If you have ever bothered to read the rules about posting in this forum you would have noted that INFO items are most certainly allowed. But I do think that some people filter all they see through the way THEY look at life in general......

My intention of posting it here, regardless of your own skewed opinion of things, was because I knew THIS is the place it would get the most attention. It appears that ALL of Dan's past websites and contact info is no longer valid. I did try to track him down via Google and sent an email recently, but I have no idea if that is valid either.

And I certainly think, Seamus, that you truthfully understand this. But the urge to try to blow up yet another conflict proves to be irresistible to you (and others here)....

Yeah, I FULLY expected the usual suspects to pile on in here with nothing constructive to add to yet another thread........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!