Constrictor Rule Comment Open - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:11 AM   #1
Arachno
Constrictor Rule Comment Open

http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitC...2008-0015-4570

Lets get to it, people.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
I posted my comment. lets all do the same. Please don't let your voices go unheard!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
CombatWombat
I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention.
If it passes, that means no more transportation of various species of snakes over state lines. Much like what happened to the Burmese python.

This includes various subspecies of Boa including Red tails.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #4
bcr229
I know, I commented back on 6/30.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Not sure how I missed this. Thank you for the link, commenting now!

Old 07-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #6
redboy1974
Most breeders secretly it will make the price go up.

if you don't think so you are . well I will be nice.....I am willing to bet some big names have given money to get it passed.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #7
CombatWombat
Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by redboy1974 View Post
if you don't think so you are . well I will be nice.....I am willing to bet some big names have given money to get it passed.
If it does get passed, at first I think the prices might go up because of the fear of them being taken away from the public; but in the long run it might actually make prices go down because they can't reach out to a wider database so there's less demand for them because everyone within the in state customer database will have their fill of them.

Kind of like when a new ball python morph becomes available, at first it's something everyone wants but when everyone has dished out enough money for them and everyone has one, then prices go down because the demand isn't as high.

But back to the point, if this passes...this means a serious cut down to breeders and their databases because they can't go over state lines. It also means if an animal needs to go over state lines whether it be for research or veterinary reasoning, it's suddenly a crime.

Also HSUS (Human Society of America) is spreading lies about constrictors.
http://usark.org/2014-blog/hsus-want...-s-government/

Old 07-28-2014, 06:06 PM   #8
Dbz4246
Unfortunately commenting on it is now closed...

Old 03-05-2015, 08:06 PM   #9
bcr229
Yes, I know, post on a necro thread but there is an update from USARK:

Dan Ashe (Director of USFWS) has reported he will be announcing a finalization to the Constrictor Rule via a press conference at the Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge in Boynton Beach, FL tomorrow (3/6/15) at 12:00 PM EST. USARK will provide additional information as it becomes available. At this time, USFWS has not made any official statement. For additional information on the Constrictor Rule, click here: http://usark.org/2014-blog/constrictor-rule-1/

Old 03-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #10
Dbz4246
Thanks, keep us updated if you can

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!