Tail-less Leo Update... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-28-2004, 10:13 PM   #1
Sand&SunReptile
Tail-less Leo Update...

It's been about 12 days since she lost her ENTIRE tail, all the way down to the base.
She has shed, and I can see her new tail starting to protrude from her "stump". The wound has completely healed over, and like I said, it has formed a new tail. It looks like the tip of the tail, and makes it seem almost like she has a midget tail LOL.
At any rate, I should be seeing weekly improvements at this point.
I am very happy she has gotten so much better.
Oh yeah, I had my first leo eating a pink experiance today.
Frozen thawed none the less.
Good deal for me.
Only 1 ball ate, 1 rosy refused, and the king is in the blue.
One of my leo's hasnt eaten since I purchased her.
I've owned her since the 12 of september. She has refused crickets and wax worms.
Any ideas on how I may be able to get her feeding?
Come on Dan, I know you'll have something LOL.

Old 09-29-2004, 01:25 AM   #2
Manhattan Herps
glad to hear she's recovering

is the one thats not eating fat with a full tail? or skinny? has it defecated yet? if so was it normal? or runny?

you could try mealworms if you havn't already, did you get her at white plains? do you remember who the breeder was? many breeders use mealworms alot now as a stready diet

if she continues to not feed and starts losing weight
i would suggested a vet check

i have a high yellow het bell albino i baught at the show that hasnt eaten much yet, but she's nice and fat and has pooped twice and both times have been normal so..im not to worried about her

i'll think of some other suggestions

Old 09-29-2004, 07:17 AM   #3
Sand&SunReptile
I got her from Regal Reptile.
I did email Beth, and she emailed me back. She told me she has fed on crickets, wax worms, and there was always a bowl of mealworms available.
She herself is very fat, and so isnt her tail. No worries yet.
And no, no runny feces, all normal, just like the rest of em.
I cant wait for the pinky eater to crap. It'll be like the snakes LOL.

Old 09-29-2004, 04:38 PM   #4
ShannanD25
If she is pooping then she is eating. Is it possible she is eating when you aren't aware of it?
Good luck!

Old 09-30-2004, 01:45 AM   #5
MGReptiles
Mike, You breakin leo tails off now? You should be ashamed...lol No really I wouldent worry about her...I have had them do that and like a switch they became pigs...
-Matt

Old 09-30-2004, 07:13 AM   #6
Sand&SunReptile
Eh, she couldn't have been eating without me around.
I dont leave food in the tanks overnight, I seperate them all for feeding, because the male can get very nippy with food around, and I've actually had the biggest female bite the smaller one.
I'm going to set her up singly, to see if leaving food will work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!