Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:17 PM   #41
CheriS
For future referrence should the poster or any others need proof of the guarantee the poster mentioned in the first post, you can find it located at this URL, this is "the way back machine" a site that stores old archive information on the web.

As you can see, the site did say refund, now it says replacement. Go to this URL and click on the the last archive of her site, which right now is 3/7/04 Fire and ice dragons Archives

and it says
Quote:
We guarantee the health of the animal for up to 30 days. Once you receive your new dragon, if after one week you are not satisfied with the animal, return the animal and we will refund your purchase price upon our receipt of the healthy animal. While we make every effort to accurately sex dragons, gender is not guaranteed.
It has been changed very recently to say
Quote:
We guarantee the health of any dragon for 30 days. If you are not satisfied for any reason, return the animal to us in good health and we will happily provide you with a replacement. While we make every effort to accurately sex dragons, gender is not guaranteed.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:19 PM   #42
stevet
Nice flame, Lucille: "In my experience, anyone who says words like 'open and shut' and 'period' has little value". I am not moved however, nor does it matter if I am or not. I had already asked my attorney friend, who said it IS in fact, open and shut. the buyer guaranteed a return of the animal for ANY reason, and then did not honor it. Simple stuff. The reason is irrelevent and could be simply "i am afraid of it" or any other reason. It does not matter. The buyer asked to return the animal and the seller refused. You are correct that there could be some mitigating factor like the buyer stepped on the animal, but theres no reason to believe thats the case, and after all this time, Im sure the seller knows of this thread and has yet to speak up on their own behalf so we are forced to believe the only available version of the story. But yes, you are right, there COULD be something we dont know. But IF the facts are as have been pointed out by the buyer, then the case would be open and shut.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:45 PM   #43
Lucille
Your attorney friend is I believe, incorrect. There are many incorrect and mistaken attorneys as well as judges, that is why we have appellate court systems.
The law is never sumple.
Hang in there, grasshopper, and see if the seller shows up. Patience is a virtue........

Old 11-15-2004, 09:51 PM   #44
mikey
We had at one time thought about getting a dragon from her also about a year ago, but decided after a few conversations with her to withdrawn from any purchase. That was not based on any concerns on the quality of the animal, but did involve the verbal guarantee, her terms and something's she said in conversations on phone, in person and email.

I do have a few question for others that have spoken here and bought bearded dragons or may read this. Has anyone purchased a dragon that was not sold to them as a holdback by her? Where you able to see the dragon in photo's prior to purchase over the phone? If not, was the dragon as represented to you?

Cheri,
I inquired last year about getting a couple dragons from here. I was totally turned off by her and bought from someone else.
I think she sells all her dragons as holdbacks. I asked for pics and this is the response I got from her. She wanted me to "send the money and then she would give me specifics on the dragons I was going to receive." Sorry, no sale. I would never buy a dragon from her. So many other excellent breeders out there to deal with that don't give you the crap talk she does.

"We use rep cal pellets and also greens and bugs especially as babies....If you can be felxible and allow me to select the best two dragons for you regardless of color morph, I will have the best selection._ We can do a 7-9" male for 300 and the female for 350._ If you tell me what area you live, I can look up shipping for you but usually it's 35-45._ You can look on our website for the care sheet which tells a lot about what we generally do._ I can give you specifics on Your dragons as soon as our agreement is final._ Pay pal would be better than a fed ex check...or even credit card payment...since our mail system is slow to begin with and even fed ex arrives here late._ Let me know what you want to do._ Thanks! Terri "

Old 11-15-2004, 09:56 PM   #45
TripleMoonsExotic
I was quite amused to see a thread of complaint on the Snows from Fire and Ice...

My roommates purchased a Snow from her a few months ago...Emma has been a bit of a problem here...She's always black...Any time you go near her, even though we try to limit her contact with us to just feedings (because she's stressing so much); she gaps, bites and blackens. The four of the 6 dragons in this household are perfectly fine (I purchased a Snow from Sunshine Dragons a few months ago, and he had a case of pinworms when he arrived - they refunded me 50% of his purchase price - but he still doesn't like to eat his veggies), and they never have ANY contact with each other, and everything is thoroughly disinfected between uses and animals.

Just wanted to add our experience with Fire & Ice Snows here...

Old 11-15-2004, 10:01 PM   #46
TripleMoonsExotic
I also wanted to ad that Fire and Ice would not send my roommates pictures of the available Snows, and Terri attempted to dissuade them from meeting her instead of shipping. I had warned my roommate about sending payment before seeing the available animal, but she insisted that Fire and Ice was a good place to go through...I am seeing that she regrets the purchase.

I myself went against my better judgement and purchased a Snow from Sunshine Dragons without seeing pictures first...I have learned my lesson and won't be doing it again (unless it's a breeder I have purchased from before)...

Old 11-15-2004, 10:18 PM   #47
Lucille
Now THAT is not a good sign. I would never, these days, do biz with someone that does not post pics of what I am getting or let me make a selection. I hope she comes on board to explain all this stuff......

Old 11-15-2004, 10:20 PM   #48
Rockford
Uhhh.....Lucille-

This thread is over a month old. I didn't even realize this until now. How long should the herp community wait for a response? Especially after a few other folks have posted obsvervations in their dealings with Terri.

Just a question....Don't get judicial no my butt!!!!

Take care-

Bthacker

Old 11-15-2004, 10:25 PM   #49
Lucille
I can't help getting judicial, some people got rhythm, I got law.... lol....
I sent her an email today. I think it would be fair to give her until Wednesday. If by then she does not come forth to defend herself, then, res judicata, we will let the judgments of the people who have posted be the substance of her reputation.

Agreed?

Old 11-15-2004, 10:35 PM   #50
Rockford
Sounds good to me. Judy ain't got nothin' on you!!!!

Bthacker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!