Bad Guy Yi Xu applegate231@gmail.com - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #11
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenske View Post
@ Will Bird I am also curious as how it is supposed to play out. Who would ship out their animal before the check clears?
As a courtesy your bank will "clear" a check in under a week. It may take up to a month for it to get processed and you learn that the check was no good.

It's still worth the time to get them to send you a check, because it costs them time and shipping expenses.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #12
ImpeccableGecko
I received the same email today as well. Word for word.

"STILL AVAILABLE FOR SALE ? Please get back to me with the final asking price..Thanks"

Old 01-09-2020, 07:48 PM   #13
elena
This scam is actually slightly more complicated than it may appear. They don't send you a check for the right amount. They send you way more than you asked for. Then they tell you that their "assistant" made a mistake. They ask you to cash the check and send them the difference. After you've sent the money, the check bounces. So they end up with free money. They never expect to receive the animals, and it isn't about the animals at all. They probably don't even know what the animals are.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:53 PM   #14
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
It's still worth the time to get them to send you a check, because it costs them time and shipping expenses.

Not just that aspect, but it makes them think they hooked someone.

I added up the checks I've received from these want a Be's, grand total to date $83K.

Messing with these people, does my heart good......

Old 01-09-2020, 09:30 PM   #15
Reptilecam
I got a email from him as well. It’s always the same general info... Starts out with “please get back to me with the final asking price” “Ill send a certified cashiers check including shipping and I will add $50 for holding the animal”. You give him the info and then he asks “if you can take down the ad”. At this point I like to mess with them a bit, and have them send the checks. Then give them to my bank telling them its fraud. I should be getting $800 or so from him soon.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:57 PM   #16
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilecam View Post
I got a email from him as well. It’s always the same general info... Starts out with “please get back to me with the final asking price” “Ill send a certified cashiers check including shipping and I will add $50 for holding the animal”. You give him the info and then he asks “if you can take down the ad”. At this point I like to mess with them a bit, and have them send the checks. Then give them to my bank telling them its fraud. I should be getting $800 or so from him soon.

Exactly, verbatim....Lets share photos of the checks when they arrive. Too funny.......

Old 01-11-2020, 08:09 PM   #17
HerpsOfNM
Just got hit up from this guy too. Same/similar verbiage.

Old 01-13-2020, 03:52 PM   #18
Big Time Reptiles
Here's the latest from Yi Xu, same exact M O as every other want a be scam artist that has sent me a check, for all I know, it's the same person with very short term memory. I'll post photos of the check when it arrives, just to watch it disappear here on the BOI come 2/20/20, but I'll still have the check.......LMAO

Subject: Re: 1.1 2019 C. Conspicuosa
Date: January 13, 2020 at 2:40:28 PM CST
To: Big Time Reptiles <lynn@bigtimereptiles.com>

Hi,

Your payment has been sent but there is something i think i must bring to your notice. I just found out that my Assistant overpaid you. The payment meant for another item was made out in your name and sent to you.

However I want to believe I wont have a problem with you on this.Once you receive the payment, Please proceed to the bank and cash the payment,

deduct your money and I will let you know what to do with the balance. I hope I can fully trust you with this? I will await your response on this so my mind can be at ease.

Thanks.

Old 01-13-2020, 03:53 PM   #19
Reptilecam
I received the same email just now also

Old 01-13-2020, 05:46 PM   #20
IanCampbellherp
Same Email

Just got an email.

"Yi Xu <applegate231@gmail.com>
Jan 11, 2020, 6:52 AM (2 days ago)
to me

STILL AVAILABLE FOR SALE ? Please get back to me with the final asking price..Thanks "

"Am paying by Certified Cashier Check including the shipping cost to Indiana,so i need ur full name, address and cell phone number.I'll add $50 for holding it in my favor."

Stay safe people!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
yi xu