Good Guy Arizona Tortoise Compound - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
TexSBM
Arizona Tortoise Compound

I recently purchased a breeding colony of 5 adult sulcata tortoises from Arizona Tortoise Compound. They took the time to review the history of the animals and answer any questions I had on the phone. The animals arrived safely and are in great condition. I highly recommend them and plan to do business with them in the future.

Thanks,
Mark Yehle
www.ExoticAnimalCages.com

Old 08-01-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
Yogi Bear
I purchased a baby Russian Tortoise from Arizona Tortoise Compound in May 2012. Dealing with Andy was a smooth experience, and the tort arrived as promised, on time, and in good health.

I have also purchased his tort seed packs and planted them in my tort's outdoor enclosure. The plants are growing wonderfully, and my baby enjoys grazing on them daily. I will continue to do further business with ATC.

Thanks,
Monique Nobriga (happy customer)

Old 11-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
Arizona Tortoise Compound
Thank you guys! We try very hard over here at ATC. Just like any good tortoise caretaker we are always learning and trying to better ourselves. Thank you to all of our customers that support us, we will continue to offer our tortoises for many years to come.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
GardenStateTortoise
I too have dealt with Andy over at ATC numerous times. Transactions were always smooth, delivery was always prompt and tortoises were always healthy upon arrival. I never hesitate to do business with Andy especially since I myself also run a live animal business. It's good to have people you can count on time and time again.

Thanks for all the positive dealings Andy.

Chris Leone
Garden State Tortoise LLC
Chrleone@gmail.com
www.gardenstatetortoise.com
www.hermannihaven.com

Old 11-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
I have been on both sides of the coin in transactions with Andrew.

I have sold him an unsexed 100% het for ivory animal that I had bought from Richard Fife when I was whittling down my group of hets. Communication was fluid, payment was not merely reasonable, but was extremely fast, and Andrew was communicative upon receipt of the animal (which I am extremely appreciative of, as some folks just never respond and I am left to wonder).

On an earlier occasion, I bought and received from him a South African giant leopard tortoise 100% het for the sunset hypo trait (if we ever manage to prove out the F2s, which is a pending activity for many F1 owners these days). Very smoothly developed animal with a nice, solid weight to him, and the epitome of health. Again, communication was exemplary in this experience on both my side and his.

Outside of buying and selling as a direct activity, we have communicated to help each other attempt to find connections for specialty orders the other wanted despite no financial incentive in, or reward for, doing so.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
walker808
I been buying and selling from Andrew who owns Arizona Tortoise Compound for about 3 or 4years now. He always ships fast or pays fast, there not may people that I fully trust in this industry but Andrew is one of the few. I've had at least 15 transactions and all have been positive.
In fact at one point earlier this year there was a tortoise group I wanted to buy but I could not afford it fully. I contacted Andrew to see if he wanted to divide the group up 50/50 because I could not buy the whole group. Andrew told me he would just loan me the money so I could keep the group together. I've never personally meet Andrew and for him to even suggest letting me borrow the funds show what type of dealer and person he is.

Thanks again Andrew

Aaron Daniels
Saint Francisville LA 70775

Andrew was nice enough to loan me the money for whole group so I would not have to divide up.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
David Scarboro
Anyone considering doing business with Andrew at ATC should read the following thread carefully. The true mark of a great seller is how they act when something goes wrong.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=391966

Old 11-13-2013, 02:59 AM   #8
Yogi Bear
I purchased a baby Russian Tortoise from Andrew, as one can see in a past post. My tortoise is still going strong, and has been a great pleasure to watch grow. Our transaction went smoothly from beginning to end. I am a VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER of ARIZONA TORTOISE COMPOUND!!

Thanks again ATC for the beautiful, flourishing tortoise baby you provided as described.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi Bear View Post
I purchased a baby Russian Tortoise from Andrew, as one can see in a past post. My tortoise is still going strong, and has been a great pleasure to watch grow. Our transaction went smoothly from beginning to end. I am a VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER of ARIZONA TORTOISE COMPOUND!!

Thanks again ATC for the beautiful, flourishing tortoise baby you provided as described.
Monique, I am happy that you had such a great experience with Andrew, I hope your Russian continues to flourish. May I ask a few questions? Did you have the Tortoise shipped? How was the packing? Would you happen to have any pictures of the shipping materials? If you had a Tortoise shipped to you and it arrived dead due to improper packing, how would you feel. If you provided proof of the DOA to the seller and he waffled around and finally told you that a Tortoise which you had shipped to him as payment had died, how would you feel? What if he then would provide NO PROOF of the dead trade Tortoise? Would you still have the warm fuzzy feeling that you have now? Put yourself in the OP's place and then tell us that would still be double posting in his good guy threads. It is easy to be great when things are sailing along smoothly. The mark of a GREAT seller is how they react when things go wrong.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
walker808
David why are you a 3rd party trying to just create drama that happened 6 months ago.
Did you get the dead tortoise?
Andrew has a lots of customers, sometimes situations just can not be resolved.
I've worked in Resturant business for 13 years and will soon own the company next year.
With a high volume of customers there always a few customers no matter what you do will not be happy.
Sounds to me your just taking trying to hurt his business's, beacuse of one one guy story.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!