Timor Monitor Need Help - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-02-2016, 12:50 PM   #11
Edwardo
I would try and get the animal into an encloser more suited for monitor lizards asap, and hope for the best.

Minimum of a 4' x 2' footprint so you can create a decent temperature gradiant, cubes don't work well at all.
All basking flood lights on one end, shoot for a 140deg (approx.) basking spot, and 75deg on the cooler end.
A sealed top, (no screen tops), and a deep substrate ( I use cypress mulch or backyard dirt) are very important for maintaining mod to high air humidity.

Temperature gradiant, sealed top (min ventilation) and deep substrate are three very important monitor lizard basics for long term success.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #12
JButera
I would advise a vet visit. If that's not possible for whatever reason, a daily supervised warm soak for 20 minutes then attempts to force feed him via a pinky pump or something similar. He could be on the verge of dehydration, which will kill him way quicker than malnourishment. Regardless, the possibility of an underlying illness may still exist; however, keeping him hydrated and nourished will strengthen his immune system which should help him to recover without meds.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:38 PM   #13
Dracosaurus
Thank you very much for the help. I will see how he does in the next few days and if there is no change will bring him to a vet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Old 04-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #14
JButera
How's your monitor doing?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!