Bearded Dragon Tail issues. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
Conradd
Unhappy Bearded Dragon Tail issues.

I purchased a baby bearded dragon about six inches. I have recently noticed what looks like shriveled skin on the last few centimeters of her tail. On the underside of her tail were the shriveling starts it looks almost like a kink in her tail. A dark line like you would fold a hose in half. Any idea's what this could be? Coarse of action? I will be sure to post pictures.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
Jabberwocky Dragons
Without seeing a picture, I can't be sure but it sounds like either a tail nip or the tail was crushed (most likely by a tank lid). This should have been disclosed by whoever sold it to you if it happened there. The tail tip should fall off in a few days. In the meantime, you can apply a very little hydrogen peroxide and/or triple antibiotic ointment to prevent infection. The dragon should be fine but if it looks like its becoming infected (the darkness is spreading past that dark line up the tail), you'll need to take her to a vet.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Conradd
It is a good portion of her tail. Something I cant see falling off. I may try the hydrogen peroxide though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bearded dragon babies., health issue, tail