Lets talk 3 Gene Co-Dom - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
BrooklynJoe
Lightbulb Lets talk 3 Gene Co-Dom

So I am wondering, in your opinion what is the best way to get three completely diffetent genes into a project quickly & smoothly.

IE someone said to me the follow combos:

Fire fly(pastel fire) x Yellow Belly = the odds I believe are 1 in 8

Fire Pastel Yellow Belly

Someone else said

Super Fly(Super Pastel Fire) x Yellow belly = to guarantee the odds 1 in 4

Pastel Fire Yellow Belly

What's your opinions or experience putting the odd number gene combos to work ?

Old 05-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Shadera
I don't really work with the co-doms so much, but fastest way? Use super everything. Then all your babies will have all the genes you want. Way more expensive, but if you're looking for speed over luck ...

super pastel super fire x ivory = every single hatchling a YB Firefly.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
ClarkT
Not only expensive, but probably hard to find available for supers... I'd probably try a superfly x Fire YB; or Superfly x Fire Ivory, if you could find one... I really would be surprised if you could find a fire ivory for sale that was close to breeding or a proven breeder.

Good luck!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkT View Post
Not only expensive, but probably hard to find available for supers... I'd probably try a superfly x Fire YB; or Superfly x Fire Ivory, if you could find one... I really would be surprised if you could find a fire ivory for sale that was close to breeding or a proven breeder.

Good luck!
Only problem with that is when you have a chance at getting an all white snake, you might not be able to tell what else is in there until you breed it. I understand sometimes you can see it, sometimes black lights help, but sometimes you just don't know. Absolute easiest way is to buy one! If you want a specific 3 gene animal, it may take you a couple years to get it. You may get it in the first shot though. I would go with a firefly to a pastel yellow belly. Both of those are fairly inexpensive.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #5
Kingofspades
I would go Superfly x yb....but if you are going to do that, might as well go Superfly x ivory or Superfly x pastel yb.
Something like that.

No normals and chances for more supers on the second one.
No normals anyway.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
snakesRkewl
Shadera, none of us work with co-dominant traits, they are incomplete dominant traits

Quote:
So I am wondering, in your opinion what is the best way to get three completely different genes into a project quickly & smoothly.
2 gene male X 2 gene female would probably be the most affordable way into 3 gene or 4 gene combos.

Spider yb male X lemonblast female etc ...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!