Whats too much for a Mixed Leachie Gecko? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-16-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
dsimons
Whats too much for a Mixed Leachie Gecko?

Im getting into Leachies, and have looked at a ton of Leachies. What price is too much for a female mixed juvie?

Old 03-17-2014, 06:15 AM   #2
dsimons
Or, can a mixed juvie be as expensive as a pure GT?

Old 03-17-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
Lucille
If you want to see selling prices for a particular kind of critter check out the classifieds here.
If you are looking to purchase a particular critter you can always make an offer.
Remember that all critters are not equal, and that quality and health in one animal may command a deserved higher price.

This is only my own personal opinion, but if I was getting into a particular kind of critter and had thoughts of producing in the future, I would pay a premium price for foundation stock from sellers with a good rep for strong healthy critters, good business dealing, and impeccable record keeping if morphs were involved.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #4
dsimons
And that makes a ton of sense! Thank you.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #5
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If you want to see selling prices for a particular kind of critter check out the classifieds here.
If you are looking to purchase a particular critter you can always make an offer.
Remember that all critters are not equal, and that quality and health in one animal may command a deserved higher price.

This is only my own personal opinion, but if I was getting into a particular kind of critter and had thoughts of producing in the future, I would pay a premium price for foundation stock from sellers with a good rep for strong healthy critters, good business dealing, and impeccable record keeping if morphs were involved.
Pretty much sums it up. GP Lucille

I've seen some incredible locale Leachianus go for just as much as GT stuff. It really depends on lots of different factors so get what you like and always stick to high quality animals from reputable breeders.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #6
dinodaddy
Color is what costs. I breed leachies exclusively, & I know just about everybody with more than a pair or 2. I've seen unknown babies with so much color that they sold for $3000, so locality specific animals aren't the highest dollar animals anymore...it's the super high color geckos & or true "snowflake" animals. Feel free to contact me if you want to know the nitty gritty of the world of captive leachies. I have all the time in the world to talk leachies, they are my kids

Old 05-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #7
BrooklynJoe
I couldn't agree with Dino more

Old 05-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #8
dinodaddy
Actually, the super high color locale specific stuff is going for prices higher than any GTs. & then you have Adam Lieberman, who has his Pinky x dark morph crosses that he sells for thousands per animal, & they are a cross of 2 unknown locale/mixed animals...the leachie world is very crazy these days, nothing like when I got into it. There is a ton of misinfornation & misunderstanding about mixes, locality specific stuff & especially the really high color animals. But time will show the truth. People just don't understand that leachies are extraordinarily complex, & not for the impatient keeper or breeder. They grow so much so fast, they need to be grown out very carefully. A perfect baby can turn into a deformed hunchback in a very short time with improper care...

Old 05-31-2014, 11:27 AM   #9
AlmostHeavenHerps
Hey guys, just popped in to read and I see a reference to the Leiberman line pastels...I actually just found out the other day that supposedly an animal I bought from Steve Cemelli is directly from the DM x Pinky line. Here's a photo of him at 55 grams now =]
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!