Is This Stuck Shed? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-18-2015, 04:11 PM   #1
fenharel
Unhappy Is This Stuck Shed?

Hi all, I'm a predictably over-anxious new crested gecko owner. I only have the one and got her a few days ago, and I'm just wondering if this is stuck shed or just the coloration of her foot? I really want to make sure she keeps all of her toes, besides the fact that stuck shed is probably uncomfortable for her.

I attached a picture of her foot below. Thanks!

Old 08-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #2
snowgyre
Doesn't look like a stuck shed to me, it looks like she stepped in Repashi crested gecko diet and the food dried to her foot. It should wash off with water, but honestly I don't see anything there that would worry me.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:46 PM   #3
fenharel
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Doesn't look like a stuck shed to me, it looks like she stepped in Repashi crested gecko diet and the food dried to her foot. It should wash off with water, but honestly I don't see anything there that would worry me.
That would definitely make sense since I saw some gecko food footprints on the glass earlier today. I'm very relieved, thank you for replying!

Old 08-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
odduc748
They love to step in their food and finger-paint all over the glass. Mine seem to do this right after I've cleaned the cages.

Many of mine also like to drag their tails through the food. I was worried about this, earlier. One of my leachies had this reddish crust on her tail. So, I picked her up to get a closer look and immediately realized it was dried Pangea watermelon food.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
crested gecko