Bad Guy Mitch Whyte (WHYTEARK) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:05 PM   #1
Scallahan72
Thumbs down Mitch Whyte (WHYTEARK)

I would not do business again with this guy. I tried to purchase a U. milii from him, for him to respond affirming that I could get one, only to later have him email me saying that "Oops, all of them are are now sold". Wasted my time.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:02 AM   #2
RaceSanchez
Sean, Did you send Mitch a deposit or full payment ?

Old 02-12-2018, 12:12 AM   #3
Scallahan72
No, Mario, I did not. No monetary transaction occurred. Nevertheless, he did tell me I could purchase an (he had three posted on the ad) animal, stating he would get back to me, only to then tell me that he sold them all and removed the ad. This was extremely unprofessional, regardless that there was no monetary transaction involved. In that respect, perhaps I would amend my initial statement of "doing business with him", to a different phrase, but that does not change the point.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:20 AM   #4
WHYTEARK
Hi thanks for my 1 st bad review in 20 years. Without even contacting me 1st. You contacted me saying that you were “interested” in 1 Female Gecko But that it was dependent on its weight. Never was a deal made. I was out of town and said I would weight them when I got back in town meanwhile someone else bought them and paypaled me in 5 minutes for all 3 no questions. Was I supposed to tell him no. I have to weigh a single one and hope that a caller decides to get one ? Sorry 1st come 1st served. I never promised you anything and at this point I’m glad you didn’t get them or won't order from me again as I wouldn’t sell you cockroach bud Thanks again !!

Old 02-12-2018, 05:24 AM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallahan72 View Post
No, Mario, I did not. No monetary transaction occurred. Nevertheless, he did tell me I could purchase an (he had three posted on the ad) animal, stating he would get back to me, only to then tell me that he sold them all and removed the ad. This was extremely unprofessional, regardless that there was no monetary transaction involved. In that respect, perhaps I would amend my initial statement of "doing business with him", to a different phrase, but that does not change the point.
Sean, unless a seller expressly tells you he will hold stock for you (not 'I will get back to you' but 'I will hold these animals for 24 hours', or unless you have placed a deposit or paid in full, there is no obligation for any seller to hold animals for you.
All sorts of people express interest in animals and sometimes even tell sellers that they are going to buy, or as you did, ask for further information, but then walk away. No commitment was made by either side.

In my opinion Mitch did nothing wrong.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #6
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

In my opinion Mitch did nothing wrong.
I would have to agree. While it is certainly frustrating to miss out on an animal you want, the seller doesn't deserve a negative BOI post in this case. Since these threads are permanent, I hope that those who do a search, will at least give Mitch a chance.

Kathy

Old 02-12-2018, 08:39 AM   #7
WHYTEARK
yes, he seemed to think simply inquiring on an ad saying he may or may not be interested in 1 gecko based on whether or not it meets his weight criteria locks him into a deal and obligates me to hold the geckoes for him at his whim, and that i should suspend all ad inquiries and activity until he makes up his mind on whether to purchase or not. I get tire kickers that do that all the time never to be heard from again, he never asked me nor did i ever offer to hold anything. He basically said he was "Interested" and asked for weights on the geckoes nothing more. Some else called next and just said ill take them and paypaled me right away like its supposed to work.. At that point i contacted him saying they were sold. Then instead of contacting me about his displeasure he e mails me telling me about his lovely post here..

Old 02-12-2018, 08:55 AM   #8
Lucille
Mitch I'm sorry you got a bad guy post. But the thread does have a small bit of value, I think that after reading it, some sellers may now refuse to sell to the OP or deal with him at all.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #9
Scallahan72
Mitch, we both know I did not say I “may not may not be interested” in buying a gecko. I was clear diction that I intended on buying a gecko, I simply was asking for weights so I could select the best one for me. You could have written, “sorry, another person is interested who is willing to buy them all upfront, and I will serve them first.” But you didn’t. I really don’t appreciate your false assumptions and accusations either. I did not expect you to hold any geckos for me, but as a seller you have a responsibility to keep me fairly informed. I frankly do not care if you have been burned by people before, as you cannot assume that for everybody. I’m sorry, as you said in your last email to me, this is your “first bad review in 20 years.” In that case, I have no doubt that you’ve been a reputable person to purchase from in the past. But that wasn’t that case for me. That is what the BOI is for. I’ll let others who care to read this thread make their own opinions and judgements, as everybody is entitled to them.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:44 AM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallahan72 View Post
we both know I did not say
Post that email so we all can see exactly what was said please.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!