Inquiry Has anyone done business with Eric Crider? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:30 PM   #21
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post

Nice to see you were refunded after new motivation was discovered.

I do not think you would have been refunded Ryan had it not been for your posts here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Johnson View Post
I’ve requested many times from him to refund the overage and he has said he would ASAP but never did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Johnson View Post

If I’ve learned something from this is to follow up again before public discussion. I apologize for that offending you.
After all those times where he did nothing, you think one more request would have made a difference?

Old 03-14-2018, 08:36 PM   #22
Ryan Johnson
Nick

Thank you for the kind words Nick.

I try and be tactful but can see in hindsight where sometimes things could be done differently.

My main contention was delayed follow through that left doubt in my mind in a satisfactory resolution.

In the end it worked out regardless of the catalyst. I’m satisfied.

Last thing I want is to be blacklisted as an unreasonable customer as the reptile community is something I truly enjoy and hope to be a long lasting part of.

Sincerely,
Ryan

Old 03-14-2018, 08:42 PM   #23
Ryan Johnson
Lucille

Lucille,

I agree with your posts.

I tried to make it professional and not personal but I shouldn’t have let the fire die down in my original pursuit of resolution.

I’m confident the catalyst was Fauna.

The BOI can wreck havok on people with ill intent and that was not my intent and definitely don’t want to be one of those pain in the butt customers you sometimes see.

In this case the BOI worked as designed in my opinion and I thank you all for that.

Sincerely,
Ryan

Old 03-14-2018, 10:27 PM   #24
Snake-Queen
The link worked exactly as I thought it would, it provided the motivation for him to send the refund asap. You gave him many opportunities to make it right before recounting your experience. You have done no wrong and his only mistake was not sending the money when he said he would.

The BOI worked for you as it should, peer pressure motivated him to send the overpayment back immediately.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:19 PM   #25
tlmoon
Ryan, you did nothing wrong and you in no way look unreasonable. You gave him many opportunities to return your $300 and he didn't. And, you didn't even start this thread, you just commented.

Him acting like a jerk about it now does not reflect well on him. A better response would have been, "gee, I'm sorry I've been hanging onto your $300 for months, and you've had to ask over and over". It's good that he returned the money, but it's a shame he couldn't be gracious about it.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:16 AM   #26
Mike Schultz
Eric has helped me get animals to my clients in Asia and Europe many times.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #27
tcp2
Eric Crider

I have known Eric since he was a teenager. We had an issue on follow through with a purchase many years ago. Then, like now, I think, he gets too busy with everything he does and sometimes does not get things done in a timely manner. Sounds like most of us. He sells nice animals and I think he is perfectly honest. Too bad this was not resolved before it escalated to a BOI posting.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:25 PM   #28
Will0W783
Ryan,

I have no doubt in my mind that you would never have seen your refund were it not for you posting here. For Eric to say he's offended after he held your money for almost a year, and you reached out to him several times asking for your refund, is unreasonable and childish on his part.
Yes, you have finally been made whole, but I will definitely never consider doing business with Eric Crider after his unprofessional response to you.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #29
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by the bratt View Post
Looking for some accounts involving Eric Crider?
Ben, did you end up making a purchase from Eric?

Old 03-15-2018, 01:27 PM   #30
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
Then, like now, I think, he gets too busy with everything he does and sometimes does not get things done in a timely manner. Sounds like most of us.
I think most of us remember to pay the electric bill, especially if we miss once and sit in the dark for a few days. I think we remember to pay our income tax. Property tax.
A lot of us forget to do stuff, but when it comes to financial transactions, we do get those paid in a timely manner.
If Eric is one of these people who honestly cannot keep track of his finances, the fair thing for him to do would be to remain in the hobby, have his friends, but stop selling. I'm sure he must be able to see that unfairly holding on to someone else's money when it should be refunded and when he has agreed to refund, isn't right.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!