Shipping Companies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-20-2019, 04:53 PM   #1
Emily_Doughty
Shipping Companies

Hey all,

I shop frequently and have been using Reptile Express and Ship your Reptiles, depending on the price. I've also used reptiles 2 you a few times in the past.

I charge exact shipping basically, and have had many people complain that it's too high even though I compare what's cheapest through these 3 sites.

I just discovered Herps.com for shipping and was wondering how reliable they are and if anyone's used it .

What company do you ship through? How much does it cost you? I understand setting a standard shipping fee but I've had some crazy high prices sending to the opposite cost before.

What do you do?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Old 10-20-2019, 05:16 PM   #2
snowgyre
I use Reptiles Express almost exclusively now, I find they typically have the best rates overall.

Shipping is what it is. To reduce sticker shock just put the typical cost of shipping in your advertisement so people know what to expect. Other than that, people who really want an animal will pay the shipping cost without too much complaint. The rest are just tire kickers.

Old 10-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #3
Emily_Doughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
I use Reptiles Express almost exclusively now, I find they typically have the best rates overall.

Shipping is what it is. To reduce sticker shock just put the typical cost of shipping in your advertisement so people know what to expect. Other than that, people who really want an animal will pay the shipping cost without too much complaint. The rest are just tire kickers.
I also use reptiles express because they're best prices, but I just discovered herps.com and their shipping estimate is lower than the others. But I want to know how reliable they are

Old 10-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #4
chrisis697
I mostly use ship your reptiles. Sometimes they are a lil pricey but I dont give anyone a quote until I run there zipcode.
Never heard of herps.com
Mabe look for some reviews on them. Good luck

Old 10-20-2019, 06:43 PM   #5
Emily_Doughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisis697 View Post
I mostly use ship your reptiles. Sometimes they are a lil pricey but I dont give anyone a quote until I run there zipcode.

Never heard of herps.com

Mabe look for some reviews on them. Good luck
I've had so many people get mad at me about the quote price because that's what I do. I run the zipcodes.

There's 2 "customer review" videos on herps.com and they are good. Still a bit skeptical because the prices are the absolute lowest and I've never heard of them.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:20 PM   #6
JudyC
A critical point to bear in mind about this company is that they are shipping through UPS and UPS will not ship snakes. There's a lot of other stuff they won't ship that you CAN ship through ShipYourReptiles, but snakes is the one that affects the most people.

ShipYourReptiles pioneered reptile shipping and continues to set the bar for sterling customer service and features. They also offer custom discount rates. It only takes a quick phone or email inquiry to find out how to get the best rates AND the best service in the industry.

Old 10-28-2019, 06:02 PM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post

I co-sign this on all points.

Back when I used to offer animals that were of less expensive pricing, shipping costs could really make a difference in sales halting or advancing. Like spending $50 to $60 to ship a $20 to $100 gecko or turtle. It was more difficult for some people to wrap their heads around. With specialty stuff that costs more, the shipping charge has far less of a sting (if it is even really noticed) unless the buyer is reaching the limits of the budget.

Old 10-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #8
elena
A few words about herps.com: They don't say this anywhere on their site, but they do not ship snakes. They are not a Fedex certified shipper like reptiles express or SYR. They send animals through UPS, which does not accept snakes at all. I think it is pretty misleading that I had to actually call them to confirm that they don't ship snakes, which make up a huge part of the industry. Their website should just say that. Also, they make a big deal about having shipping insurance, but if you read the fine print, it only applies if the package is late. Anything else goes wrong, you are liable.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!