Bad Guy Josh@Outbackreps - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #101
East_Coast
Threads like this (and MANY others) make me and most people laugh at the BOI.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #102
kmurphy
Quote:
Originally Posted by East_Coast View Post
Hmmm, don't know where this came from. Actually this thread serve a very good purpose as most of the BOI threads do. We know that Josh/Outback have excellent customer service and we know that we should never sell to James Norrid - Lafayette, LA

Old 06-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #103
Lucille
Quote:
When someone says something like this, it is always good to go back and see their previous posts. After all, there is a big difference between someone getting upset and saying something one time, and a pattern of historic insults.

East Coast, here are some of your words from the past, it seems there is a pattern. I'm not sure I understand why you spend so much time here if you dislike the site so much:

Quote:
Originally Posted by East_Coast
This place is such a joke...
Quote:
Originally Posted by East_Coast
These BOI threads are mostly the same (just change the names of the people and substitute different ball python or leopard gecko morphs as the reasons for the disputes) and the ones that end up as 100 post grudge matches have the same outcomes: thread after thread - the original poster or the subject person are trashed --- and all the while other posters in the thread bicker and argue with each other like they are judges.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #104
East_Coast
It's true - You have to really weed through the BOI to decipher the legitimate from the junk. Allowing a post like the OP's (c@jun ???) to stand and, to the person that just glances at the headings in the BOI, give the impression that Outback Reptiles is a "bad guy" is something I scratch my head over.

Clearly Outback Reptiles is cleared through this thread but for crying out loud the whole post should be deleted.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #105
aleria
Quote:
It's true - You have to really weed through the BOI to decipher the legitimate from the junk. Allowing a post like the OP's (c@jun ???) to stand and, to the person that just glances at the headings in the BOI, give the impression that Outback Reptiles is a "bad guy" is something I scratch my head over.

Clearly Outback Reptiles is cleared through this thread but for crying out loud the whole post should be deleted.
And if threads were just deleted because people like you feel they have no substance then that would leave people like me that actually realize they have a purpose with no reason to come here. It's threads like this, and other one's posted by the OP that allow us to see who we are dealing with, even when it turns out the person we decide against doing business with is the person that posted the bad guy thread and not the person being accused of being a bad guy.
Just because you fail to see a reason for it doesn't mean the rest of us don't. And as previously posted, if you have such an issue with all of the threads posted on the boi then you are welcome to just leave and not come back. Coming here posting nothing more than "the boi is such a waste" etc etc with nearly every post, is worse than any "meaningless" bad guy thread. No one is forcing you to come here and read.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #106
East_Coast
That's not what I said in this thread Jessica.

What I did say was that threads like this - and the fact that they stay up here - make people take the BOI, as a whole, less seriously.

That is true.

Good night Jessica.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #107
Matt2979
Quote:

While I don't agree whole-heartedly with Peter, he brings up a point worthy of discussion. I'll keep this very short, as it will most likely be preferred that it be discussed in an entirely different thread.

Is the fact that some might glance over the "headers" on the main BOI page and cast a quick judgment based on a "checkmark" or an "x" worth trying to also show some sort of tally on that same page in order to balance the true outcome??

Or should we consider that anyone NOT taking the initiative, "stupid" (for lack of a better term) for not digging through some of these non-worthy BOI's??

I have NO idea how much it would take to do something like that. Maybe it would be more of a pain than it's worth?? Just a thought....now back to

Old 06-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #108
JudyC
Quote:
That's not what I said in this thread Jessica.

What I did say was that threads like this - and the fact that they stay up here - make people take the BOI, as a whole, less seriously.

That is true.

Good night Jessica.
No, that is NOT true. It makes YOU take the BOI less seriously. And maybe a handful of others feel the same way you do. After all, no one can please everyone, no matter what you do.

And if threads WERE removed or altered to reflect the "true" outcome or whatever...who's to judge what is true and what is not? Who's to judge what is worthy to stay and what should be deleted? I promise you, the first thread that is deleted or altered because of the outcome of the discussion will have guys just like you screaming at the wrongness of the decision to do so.

It's the very consistency of the rules and the rigidness with which they are enforced that gives the BOI the credibility that it has. If any individual or group of individuals set themselves up as sole judges of any thread's worthiness the whole concept would go up in smoke.

And NOW....to stay on topic with this thread that you have derailed in the same manner that you seem to dislike to much.....I must say that I know Josh well enough to trust him with my business any day. If he had an offer I was looking for, I wouldn't hesitate to take him up on it, no matter what rantings c@jun might make here.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #109
ShadowAceD
I understand there are legitimate claims to these arguements, but it would be best placed elsewhere on Fauna as we are getting off track with the issue of this particular BOI Thread in the first place.

Please redirect it elsewhere least a moderator step in to advise the same.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #110
Kaiyudsai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
While I don't agree whole-heartedly with Peter, he brings up a point worthy of discussion. I'll keep this very short, as it will most likely be preferred that it be discussed in an entirely different thread.

Is the fact that some might glance over the "headers" on the main BOI page and cast a quick judgment based on a "checkmark" or an "x" worth trying to also show some sort of tally on that same page in order to balance the true outcome??

Or should we consider that anyone NOT taking the initiative, "stupid" (for lack of a better term) for not digging through some of these non-worthy BOI's??

I have NO idea how much it would take to do something like that. Maybe it would be more of a pain than it's worth?? Just a thought....now back to
Valid point...... but it brings up another one.... One of the great things about the BOI is that NOTHING is erased..... And I have learned quite a bit about people by the way they respond to BOI threads.. Or many times I've completely lost all respect for the accuser.. It has a dual purpose..... But it does seem like a substantial waste of energy sometimes

I think it's up to the reader to decide which threads are valuable to them...

But It would be cool if there was some way of converting the original Bad Guy check to a Good Guy check in a case like this for instance.... based on a group conscience..... but this would be very complicated.... just sucks to scroll down and see your name next to a completely unwarranted Bad Guy Mark...... not everyone reads the whole thread.... and that little RED X can stick in someones mind

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!