Man Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault Of 2-Year-Old - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
SamanthaJane13
Angry Man Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault Of 2-Year-Old

UNION CITY, Calif. -- A man was arrested Wednesday afternoon on suspicion of sexually assaulting a 2-year-old girl inside a store in Union City, police announced Thursday at a press conference.

Eugene Melendres Ramos, a 36-year-old registered sex offender, allegedly grabbed the girl at about 1 p.m. Wednesday inside a Dollar Tree store located at 1720 Decoto Road, according to Union City police.

The victim was with her grandmother and aunt at the store. When they went to return a ribbon to a Christmas-themed aisle, the girl walked around the aisle and out of view, and was grabbed by Ramos, police said.

Less than a minute later, the grandmother and aunt noticed the girl was missing, and found her pinned down by Ramos in the next aisle over.

"She literally rounded the corner which was probably out of the grandmother and aunt's presence for anywhere from 20 seconds to 1 minute it was that quick," said Union City Police Capt. Brian Foley. "As the grandmother rounded the corner she saw that a male suspect unknown to them had pinned the girl to the floor."

The girl had her pants and diaper removed and was being straddled by Ramos, who had pulled his pants and underwear down and was sexually assaulting her, according to police.

Ramos fled the store on foot and was chased by the grandmother, aunt, and several customers. A solicitor in front of the store also gave chase when he exited the building and tackled him, police said.

A BART police officer who happened to be nearby was flagged down by the small group holding Ramos down.

“I ran after them,” said Good Samaritan Demario Hawkins. “I chased them nine stores down. I finally caught him by the shirt.”

Bystander Sammy Johnson helped Hawkins pin down Ramos until police arrived.

“I just tackled him and sat on him and dialed 911,” said Johnson.

Police arrested Ramos for sexual assault, forcible rape, and kidnapping. Hawkins and Johnson were recognized for the heroism by police Thursday afternoon in city council chambers.

Police Lt. Kelly Musgrove said Thursday that investigators were not yet releasing details of Ramos' criminal record, but according to California's Megan's Law website, which lists registered sexual offenders, he has previously been accused of assault with intent to commit rape, sodomy or oral copulation.

People who shop at the Dollar Tree store located in a Union City shopping complex were sickened when told of the assault on Thursday. They were shocked that someone would be bold enough to molest a child in the middle of a store aisle.

"I really can't believe it," said Gina Gutierrez of Union City. "And I'm very very scared, because I have a 5-year-old and my 3-year-old."

Police said Ramos confessed to assaulting the girl in the store.

"In my 25 years I've never seen anything this brazen, this heinous," said Foley. "This is as bad as it gets."

Anyone who may have witnessed the crime is asked to call Detective Sergeant Jared Rinetti at (510) 675-5229. People wishing to remain anonymous can call the tip line at (510) 675-5207 or e-mail tips@unioncity.org.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/25999184/detail.html

Old 12-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
KelliH
Good grief, how many more of our children will have to be raped and/or murdered before lawmakers get it through their heads that these evil people cannot be rehabilitated and should be imprisoned for life or better yet, put to death. They are pure evil! In virtually every one of these child rapes and murders the criminal is a convicted sex offender. It is so bloody infuriating to me that these pieces of crap get chance after chance while our prisons are overcrowded with drug offenders. It's F'ed up.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
oh my... I cannot believe some people...
and this is 2 cities over from where I live.
I know what I would have done if I was in that dollar tree, it's why I carry mace everywhere I go.
*shiver*

Old 12-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
Southern Wolf
I can only hope that word leaks out about his crime while he's inside. Ive seen what hardened convict do to child molesters... and it aint pretty.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
SamanthaJane13
I agree!!!

Old 12-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
llovelace
They should cut his parts off & feed them to him.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:58 AM   #7
zzzdanz
I have a level 3 sex offender living around the corner from me.This guy is around 25 and raped his 4yr old niece.Now he's living with some family member over there,and his GF with their new baby..unreal.

He lives less than an 1/8 of mile from me and his backyard is a school grades K thru 5 and the HS behind that school.My neighbor has a day care at her house,my brother lives across the street from me with his 2 girls 6 and 8 yrs old.I have my youngest daughter who's 4yrs. old.We all live in a big culdesac that's a mile around with countless kids.

This piece of **** is out walking around on Halloween like everythings fine.Sits out on his stairs haveing a smoke when all the kids are walking home from school, it's crazy.
The cops say he has every right to live there,walk around,w/e and the only time they can do anything about it is if he says a simple "hello" to 1 of the kids.

There's something really wrong with the laws when they allow someone like that anywhere near a school, never mind living next to it.Someone that f'ed in the head to do such a thing should be killed on the spot.No trial,no sitting in jail while my tax dollars pay for it,nothing!

Click, Click, BOOM...justice is served.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:53 AM   #8
SamanthaJane13
That's just SICK!!

I'd be getting a hold of my Attorney General if it were me, and tell him what the cops said about the pedophile's "rights".

Most states have laws regarding how close pedophiles can live near a playground, school or day care center.

Also, call the court to find out who his probation officer is, and turn them both in.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:09 AM   #9
Jadenkisses

Old 12-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #10
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzdanz View Post
I have a level 3 sex offender living around the corner from me.This guy is around 25 and raped his 4yr old niece.Now he's living with some family member over there,and his GF with their new baby..unreal.

He lives less than an 1/8 of mile from me and his backyard is a school grades K thru 5 and the HS behind that school.My neighbor has a day care at her house,my brother lives across the street from me with his 2 girls 6 and 8 yrs old.I have my youngest daughter who's 4yrs. old.We all live in a big culdesac that's a mile around with countless kids.

This piece of **** is out walking around on Halloween like everythings fine.Sits out on his stairs haveing a smoke when all the kids are walking home from school, it's crazy.
The cops say he has every right to live there,walk around,w/e and the only time they can do anything about it is if he says a simple "hello" to 1 of the kids.

There's something really wrong with the laws when they allow someone like that anywhere near a school, never mind living next to it.Someone that f'ed in the head to do such a thing should be killed on the spot.No trial,no sitting in jail while my tax dollars pay for it,nothing!

Click, Click, BOOM...justice is served.
I thought they had laws in place to where you couldnt live XXX distance from a school or area that childern commonly play like a park. Check into that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!